Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Del
Team: Dubmoto

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by Del »

KTM57 wrote:Wow. Micro Center is already killing Newegg's prices.

i7 4770k, $349
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819116901

i7 4770k, $279
http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... sku=583369

70 bucks is a LOT.
I checked the CPU I'm buying (4670k) and it was like 30 bucks cheaper as well. However, every other component that I checked was more expensive at Microcenter. :|
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Get one of the CPU/motherboard combos. You get the cheaper CPU, and then your mobo is $40 off. The rest of their stuff is more expensive, though.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Del

Post by Del »

KTM57 wrote:Get one of the CPU/motherboard combos. You get the cheaper CPU, and then your mobo is $40 off. The rest of their stuff is more expensive, though.
Awesome tip, thanks mate! It would have saved me a ton of money but after tax it only saves me $15, and I still have to ride two hours both ways, which, even though I get like 80MPG on my Ninja, comes out to $0 saved, lol. :(
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

That sucks. Might as well just go Newegg in your case. The closest Microcenter to me is only about an hour of driving round trip, and I got my mom to drive me so we could go to lunch downtown. :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

KTM57 wrote:That sucks. Might as well just go Newegg in your case. The closest Microcenter to me is only about an hour of driving round trip, and I got my mom to drive me so we could go to lunch downtown. :lol:
ah, the ol' lets go to lunch over an hour away trick, I like it.

:D

so you got your 760 and a CPU now August?
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I got an i7 and a new motherboard a couple months ago. $350 all said and done, saved like $150 as compared to Newegg.
pinit24/7#12

Post by pinit24/7#12 »

KTM57 wrote:Watch out for your heatsink wire. When I had mine like that, it was catching on the fan.
Yeah I was thinking that to August when I bought it. but its actually secured down tight to the sides of the heatsink so it doesnt move. Also almost forgot. Payed $650 for it plus i got a mad catz R.A.T 3 Mouse and cyborg V.5 Keyboard aswell as a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Joystick all in really good condition. And best of all its only just about to be 3 months old. Talk about a steal :)
Nick Pleshek #132
KTM57 wrote:Brady's just mad because his mom is a planet and she regularly gets annihilated.
i7 3770k | XFX R9 290 Black Edition | Mushkin 8gb 2133 | Corsair C70 Military Green
pinit24/7#12

Post by pinit24/7#12 »

Wow the Power saving features of the i7 are quite amazing. Love how my cpu runs at 1.6ghz under low load/ idle and as soon as I open up sim or other heavy programs it shoots right up to its max clock speed. Really loving my new pc :D.
Nick Pleshek #132
KTM57 wrote:Brady's just mad because his mom is a planet and she regularly gets annihilated.
i7 3770k | XFX R9 290 Black Edition | Mushkin 8gb 2133 | Corsair C70 Military Green
Del

Post by Del »

KTM57 wrote:That sucks. Might as well just go Newegg in your case. The closest Microcenter to me is only about an hour of driving round trip, and I got my mom to drive me so we could go to lunch downtown. :lol:
Well, I was gonna buy from Newegg, however NEITHER of my debit cards would pay them! The bank said that they have had so many issues with people buying from them and not being able to return any items that they don't even bother with them any more. I thought that was a bit odd considering the reputation Newegg has, but oh well.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Weird. You could probably go through PayPal.
pinit24/7#12

Post by pinit24/7#12 »

Well after finally getting a solution to my motherboard issues shes finally gonna be sent in to get a new socket. $45 plus shipping and handling both ways is much better then a $170 whole new board to me. Just as I did that with my old pc heading out the door soon and ill be needing a new gfx card I decided to snag this bad boy :) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814127722

Didnt exactly pay the full $200 so im happy. Bought a new other (Pulled out of box to test to make sure it worked) off of ebay for $161.50. Cant wait till these parts are finally reunited in my case.
Nick Pleshek #132
Del

Post by Del »

KTM57 wrote:Weird. You could probably go through PayPal.
Eh, I'm not supporting Paypay's business practices, either. Plenty of bad experiences with them as well.

I bought two of each part and I was building two PCs. One is finished and running a trial of Windows. Dishonored on 1080p, max ingame settings + 4xAA got me the smoothest picture I've ever seen, had to have been 60FPS locked. I haven't pushed the settings any higher or even installed Action! yet but things are looking good so far. We've got an AMD FX-6300 with a GTX 760. While building the other one I discovered the motherboard was throwing an error while booting, switched out every part on the thing and didn't fix it so I'm sending the motherboard back.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

Just bought a new notebook! :D
Intel i7 3630QM
8 gb ram
Nvidia gt650m 2gb
1tb HDD

PLanning on buy a SSD tho, runs like heaven! :P
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

mace-x wrote:Just bought a new notebook! :D
Intel i7 3630QM
8 gb ram
Nvidia gt650m 2gb
1tb HDD

PLanning on buy a SSD tho, runs like heaven! :P
I am thinking about going out and picking up a laptop... Going on vacation this week so it would be a good time to get it. On top of that I'm going to need one for college in a few months so I'm not sure what to do yet. Probably will just run to best buy after work and take a peek at what they have.
Prada

Post by Prada »

Do some research online first. Best buys selection is pretty basic when it comes to components