3d animation/renders

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
p2sta

Re: 3d animation/renders

Post by p2sta »

looks cool man, still work in solidworks?
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Yupp, it's what I know how to use the best.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

yeah, its good to stick with what you know :) I was just wondering if its solid or polygonal model, because from the first pic you posted i was confused a little and though it may actually be polygonal :D
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Polygonal, HAH! What is this, the amateur leagues? :lol:
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Post by GregDearman »

Shadow wrote:Image
Got some more work done. Starting to look like a rim. :lol:
looks really close to the wheels my brother has on his car!
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Go computer Go!
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

If you want it to go faster you shouldn't upload huge pictures on the forum :lol: .

Looks cool though!
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

p2sta

Post by p2sta »

:shock: how many cores you pc has? I have only 4 render squares :(

i would put the camera a bit higher and the background perspective looks a bit off, but i guess its gonna change later in photoshop :) Nice job overall
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

p2sta wrote::shock: how many cores you pc has? I have only 4 render squares :(

i would put the camera a bit higher and the background perspective looks a bit off, but i guess its gonna change later in photoshop :) Nice job overall
Time for an upgrade my friend. Mine is a 4930k OC to 4.5ghz so 6 core hyperthreaded. I really want to build a couple nodes but this is only my 2nd freelance job so I am still trying to pay off my Vray 3.0 and forrestpack pro licenses. That should be paid for after the completion of this job, still have a dining room to go. I was going to mess with stuff more but they emailed me at 11am this morning and said that they wanted to send it to their client at 2pm...I was planning on rendering at 3.5k but downsized it to 2400 to try to make the deadline, I was only late by 45 min hahaha. Now after you said that I wish I had raised all the cameras. Ooops haha. Definitely getting better though.

Here are the final images

m121c

Post by m121c »

p2sta wrote:yeah, its good to stick with what you know :) I was just wondering if its solid or polygonal model, because from the first pic you posted i was confused a little and though it may actually be polygonal :D
Solids, but you would be surprised by how well they can convert to polygonal models.
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Post by attacker5 »

that actually looks really sick shadow, I had a bad time when I used cad :lol:
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

SMR 510RR wrote:
p2sta wrote::shock: how many cores you pc has? I have only 4 render squares :(

Time for an upgrade my friend. Mine is a 4930k OC to 4.5ghz so 6 core hyperthreaded. I really want to build a couple nodes but this is only my 2nd freelance job so I am still trying to pay off my Vray 3.0 and forrestpack pro licenses. That should be paid for after the completion of this job, still have a dining room to go. I was going to mess with stuff more but they emailed me at 11am this morning and said that they wanted to send it to their client at 2pm...I was planning on rendering at 3.5k but downsized it to 2400 to try to make the deadline, I was only late by 45 min hahaha. Now after you said that I wish I had raised all the cameras. Ooops haha. Definitely getting better though.

Thanks sick man, i do this for living about half a year and i didn't really make much money yet. The problem is probably the country i live in. I'm getting paid a little bit more than guys who works in McDonalds here and i have to pay insurences from it, which sucks. So i can't really upgrade my computer or buy new software, because i don't have much money. It's really cool if you can buy Vray and Forrest Pack after one or two projects for sure. I need to get some overboard clients to make some more money. Definetly good luck to you, there is room for improvement for sure, but if its your second project, it looks good ;)

About the cameras. For architecture you should usually go with human perspective, so about 5,9ft/1,7m above the floor looking a little bit down
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Now with brake disc! :lol:

m121c wrote:
p2sta wrote:yeah, its good to stick with what you know :) I was just wondering if its solid or polygonal model, because from the first pic you posted i was confused a little and though it may actually be polygonal :D
Solids, but you would be surprised by how well they can convert to polygonal models.
True. Every 3d model I've made for mxsim was done from solids.

attacker5 wrote:that actually looks really sick shadow, I had a bad time when I used cad :lol:
Thanks. It's not so bad after you've done it for a few years for a living. :lol:
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Post by attacker5 »

Haha sick! Dude I would love to talk to you about that actually! Il drop a pm.
Tkh

Post by Tkh »

I'm currently modelling my bicycle in Inventor. Here are some renders from the parts I've made so far.

Full size

Full size

Full size