2012 Supercross/Motocross discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DJD

Re: 2012 Supercross/Motocross discussion

Post by DJD »

Anybody have Chad's number? I'm available. bahaha.

Glad James is finally getting back to motocross, if he doesn't get this situation turned around this summer, I think he's done.

Im sure Villo's injury played a part in his decision, will be funny if he still crashes everywhere and Dungey beats him.

He will make things more exciting either way, but the way this year has been, he will get injured or something.
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

DJD wrote:Glad James is finally getting back to motocross
Honestly, i think thats one of the biggest reasons he hasn't done well in supercross either. Way to much off time between races. Plus that stupid wrist injury he had on top of that.

If James is anything like he used to be outdoors, Dungey wont touch him. Dungey is way to controlled to do it. But thats assuming James will be the same as he used to be.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

rideblue56 wrote:
DJD wrote:Glad James is finally getting back to motocross
Honestly, i think thats one of the biggest reasons he hasn't done well in supercross either. Way to much off time between races. Plus that stupid wrist injury he had on top of that.

If James is anything like he used to be outdoors, Dungey wont touch him. Dungey is way to controlled to do it. But thats assuming James will be the same as he used to be.
If James is able to ride comfortably on a bike he is happy with, nobody can stop him. Except Ricky, but he ain't here! or RV, but he ain't here either!
rideblue56

Post by rideblue56 »

The only reason Ricky ever could is because he would push over the line just as far as James. Ricky has even admitted that those were some of the scariest moments he's ever had while racing. :lol:
DJD

Post by DJD »

James hasent ridden outdoors in.....I forget how long. Hangtown is going to whoop his ass, remember when RV came out last year, said he forgot how grueling it was, and had blisters all over his hands?

No doubt James has the raw speed that no one else has, but outdoors is a test of fitness as well. Not to mention, James hasn't had to set a bike up for an outdoor season in forever. That's where Dunge might gain the slight advantage.

James is also much more likely to crash trying to ride on the edge. Will be interesting. Fo'sho.
rideblue56

Post by rideblue56 »

Didnt he race the first moto at 'Dilla last year? Got like third, then dnf'd the second moto. Not THAT bad considering he hadnt raced outdoors in so long and it was his first race in a long time.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

NO BARCIA did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw9O8gLxP9g <barcia at unudilla on 450s for 3rd place.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

That was two years ago. Last year was when Villopoto had the new 2012 and went straight dominating everything. The year before that was with Dungey and DeSalle.
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

I remember Carmichael told the 2006 season was the scariest outdoor season of his career, james was taking risks other people don't even think about :lol:
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
rideblue56

Post by rideblue56 »

Tom cortvriendt wrote:I remember Carmichael told the 2006 season was the scariest outdoor season of his career, james was taking risks other people don't even think about :lol:
Man, 06 and 07 were some of the best seasons! Carmichael and Stewart battling non stop. 8)
Voutare wrote:That was two years ago. Last year was when Villopoto had the new 2012 and went straight dominating everything. The year before that was with Dungey and DeSalle.
I figured it was either last year or the year before that. Because that was his first race after all those wrist problems wasnt it?
mxrewind665 wrote:NO BARCIA did
:roll:
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

DJD wrote:...will be funny if he still crashes everywhere...he will get injured or something.
Have you ever seen someone crash as many times as him and not get seriously hurt(including previous year). Stewart has had good luck with his bad choices.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

That's one thing that's good about him. Guys like canard get injured at the drop of a hat, but Stewart constantly crashes with little harm
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Josh Hill is like Canard too, I wonder how much he regrets trying to backflip. That crash straight up ruined his career as a professional racer. I honestly cant see him reaching full health ever again which is a shame because he was challenging for wins before he bailed the back flip.
CrazyCanadianMX
Team: HIRE ME

Post by CrazyCanadianMX »

How cool would it have been for Hill to get that backflip down, go to X games that year and win speed and style by just ruining everyone on the racing segment and still being able to pull flips?

His career isnt over yet. As long as Hart's team doesnt drop him.
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

That also was two years ago.