What bike you prefer? Poll

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.

What bike you prefer?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:40 am

Honda
37%
Suzuki
14%
Yamaha
15%
KTM
17%
Kawasaki
14%
Husaberg
No votes
Husqvarna
3%

Total votes: 71

Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: What bike you prefer? Poll

Post by Voutare »

You guys act like the bike actually matters.

Seriously, Stewart could go out and win a 450 moto with a 250f. Villopoto did it at Budds Creek. And still, it doesn't fucking matter. I'm just as good on a Zook as a Kawi, sure there are subtle differences you might notice, but in the end, they are nearly the same, and can go just as fast as the other. (Granted, you keeping your bike running right, and having it jetted properly will probably help out a shit ton.)
Dustin434

Post by Dustin434 »

you act like the bike doesnt matter people say 75% rider 25% bike i disagree i rode a 150 one moto cuase i was bored i had already won the championship and i wanted to try it sure i won but i didnt lap anyone were usually i lap almost everybody also what good is it to be really good if the bike doesnt work with you i was fighting the bike the whole time it was steping out in turn the thing would get through a rut so i had to find slower lines cuase it just didnt like dropping down in a rut and going i loved the ktm but the problem is its like 4 inches taller than my kawasaki so i couldnt reach the ground and it just wasnt comfortable
"90 percent of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra
Thanks To Kawasakis For The Sig
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

JETZcop, ktm use standart piston&rings Vertex, idk if you know Vertex, one of the best motor pieces, and, its not bad quality, its because its good piece, for race (READY to RACE) as you know, FASTER = die before, u know about a xr250, u just need to fuel it to ride, u can pass 5, 10 years without adjusting the motor,
pd: i am racing wiseco not standart
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

Dustin434 wrote:ya the 450 got rated the worst 09 in like 10 magazines
:shock:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

JETZcorp wrote:I get most of this from my dad's ravings as we're heading out to go camping and stuff. My knowledge on the old stuff is a lot more limited that it may seem, though. Ask me about the differences in Suzukis through any years at all and I'll have nothing. My dad is a Maicofreak (he owns five) so that's why I'm so big on those. I can tell you approximately what was changed on each bike from '76 through '83, but like I say, that's ONLY for Maico. Now that I think of it, I need to do some more digging into Husky info... :roll:
http://www.adrenalintrip.net/mx-vintage ... 6dfa7a41d9

Have some fun in there, these guys know their stuff
PS it's a UK forum as if that makes any difference
lluks252

Post by lluks252 »

DankeKTM21 wrote:well i dont know if u calibrate it at all, maybe you just boughted and ride stock and when you go fast the fork suspension make youre handlebar go left, right, left, right, left right, and youre shock suspension get you a frontflip, isnt you? because you dont calibrate it. :)

i dont know if you have a new bike, maybe yours was 2004-2006, ktm u have to repair and change oils every month, i change the rings of the piston in 3 weeks and piston once a month, because the name says, READY to RACE, no just ride in youre farm, so for freeride i dont recomend u a ktm, better is japanse for freeriding, and if u want make faster a japan, just put in like 1500 dollars, if you are racing, not freeriding :)
There's a reason we call them K-mart Trash Machine=KTM....rings in 3 weeks and piston once a month!!! :shock:
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

or...as we say in sweden
KutaTillMål = Run to the finish LOL
lluks252

Post by lluks252 »

Voutare wrote:You guys act like the bike actually matters.

Seriously, Stewart could go out and win a 450 moto with a 250f. Villopoto did it at Budds Creek. And still, it doesn't fucking matter. I'm just as good on a Zook as a Kawi, sure there are subtle differences you might notice, but in the end, they are nearly the same, and can go just as fast as the other. (Granted, you keeping your bike running right, and having it jetted properly will probably help out a shit ton.)
agree'd Vouture
RC, The GOAT, proved that the bike doesn't matter, he did a perfect season on a KX250 in 2002 and then went to a 4 stroke and did a perfect season in 2004 on a CRF450R and then went to Suzuki in 2005 and still dominated, its more like 95% rider, 5% bike
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

More like 100% rider..
RC would dominate, even if he was on this
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

lluks252 wrote:
Voutare wrote:You guys act like the bike actually matters.

agree'd Vouture
RC, The GOAT, proved that the bike doesn't matter, he did a perfect season on a KX250 in 2002 and then went to a 4 stroke and did a perfect season in 2004 on a CRF450R and then went to Suzuki in 2005 and still dominated, its more like 95% rider, 5% bike
FYI he did it on a cr250 in 2002.

Any bike will break at one point or another, it all depends on how good you can treat it.
Regardless the color of the fender.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

But isnt it kinda proven than KTM's arent as..reliable as the other brands?
I mean, whos got the "best" motor of them all? ehhehh...
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

True, the KTM's over here did pull the most holeshots, but they were also the more often then not pushed back to the truck 1/2 through the moto. I'm thinking that more to do with the engine work being done to them. So much for Ready to Race...
frederick

Post by frederick »

Rallemx wrote:or...as we say in sweden
KutaTillMål = Run to the finish LOL
Pos Nr Rider Nat. Total
1 4 Rattray, Tyla RSA 636
2 2 Searle, Tommy GBR 613
3 131 Aubin, Nicolas FRA 406
4 24 Simpson, Shaun GBR 394
5 10 Goncalves, Rui POR 380
If thats true Tyla, Tommy, Shaun and Rui should start running the olympics. It must be hard to run all their way to 3postitions out of 5 in the world mx2 championship dont you think? :wink:
frederick

Post by frederick »

Phathry25 wrote:True, the KTM's over here did pull the most holeshots, but they were also the more often then not pushed back to the truck 1/2 through the moto. I'm thinking that more to do with the engine work being done to them. So much for Ready to Race...
Thats true, and pretty wierd... I also got shocked when I saw how many times they dnf.
While in the Gp's I dont remeber any dnf from a ktm, same goes with the swedish championship, no ktm dnf:ed
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

I heard they're all really good runners, well you gotta be when riding a KTM anyway :P
But yeah, KTM makes great bikes, well thats what ive heard, ive never ridden one LOL
All bikes do fuck up sometime o,o..some more than others :)