Riding/Rracing in Real Life

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
INKY0
Team: privateer

Riding/Rracing in Real Life

Post by INKY0 »

When you ride/race ( In real life ), do you feel like your being commentated by Jeff Emig and Ralph Sheheen? How do you get pumped to take the lead? I'm interested! :D
jlv wrote:Maybe you shouldn't kamikaze people if you don't like that reaction.
Jonee589

Re: Riding/Rracing in Real Life

Post by Jonee589 »

INKY0 wrote:When you ride/race ( In real life ), do you feel like your being commentated by Jeff Emig and Ralph Sheheen? How do you get pumped to take the lead? I'm interested! :D
Adrenaline. 'Nuff said.
jlv wrote:lol. I'm such a noob!
Funny Comeback
Team: Drenaline Cycles

Post by Funny Comeback »

I talk to myself. :oops:
RaceFactory Results

2012 Limited Decal Fall Series
Lites AM - 14th Overall
Open B - 11th Overall
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Slightly off topic but when I used to race mountain bike 4x, you could actually hear the commentators talking about you as you were racing, it was pretty weird.
kona309

Post by kona309 »

BuddyTheElf wrote:Slightly off topic but when I used to race mountain bike 4x, you could actually hear the commentators talking about you as you were racing, it was pretty weird.
My buddy was doing a DH race and the commentator mentioned him, then he met the dirt.
My stats:http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/3042/
Jones221 wrote:Kona is right.
jlv wrote:If you kids don't knock it off I'm pulling this forum over!
Yahama7

Post by Yahama7 »

I have a song in my head most of the times when i'm practicing.. nothing especially motivating, just something chill :)
When racing it's completely different tho. I feel like I'm to focused to think about anything thats not racing.
It's Yahama7 !!!
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

kona309 wrote:
BuddyTheElf wrote:Slightly off topic but when I used to race mountain bike 4x, you could actually hear the commentators talking about you as you were racing, it was pretty weird.
My buddy was doing a DH race and the commentator mentioned him, then he met the dirt.
DH races are crazy, at the start everyones yelling at you, on the jumps everyone says 'do a whip' 'pedal' or have an air horn blowing the shit out of it, rock gardens aswell 'pedal' and air horns. I've only done 2 races but shit it puts you off and kills your concentration
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

When just riding i always seem to hum a song i heard recently.
Racing though i just concentrate on hitting lines correctly
Donate if you like My Creations
mxmasta57
Crushed Dissenter
Team: TattlerMX Honda

Post by mxmasta57 »

I thought i was the only one humming songs in my head :shock:
On a practice day i always have a song in my head and hum one line over and over again i don't know why, sometimes it gives me a boost to don't give up lol :lol:
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

When I ride I can do about 10 laps hard no problem but when I race I get tired as soon as the gate drops, I don't know why. In practice I'll be battling with everybody who is winning the Intermediate class and as soon as the gate drops I get like 10th.
goudbeekie
Crushed Dissenter

Post by goudbeekie »

That's the problem that i have to, know it's going better, but in the training i ride better than in a race :S
mxmasta57
Crushed Dissenter

Post by mxmasta57 »

goudbeekie wrote:That's the problem that i have to, know it's going better, but in the training i ride better than in a race :S
Exactly!
But that's because my starts sucks i think
DunerDillon
Team: Fly Dynamics

Post by DunerDillon »

Well when I am racing, I get pissed sorta when someone passes me so I step it up and push harder to get back in front ;) I don't worry about the leader though, I worry about the guy in front of me, then when I pass him I worry about the next guy and so on. It's done me good, have had many many podium finishes throughout my races. :)
If you ride a 4stroke I feel bad for you son! I got 99 problems but my valves ain't 1