People losing their shit since the re-election

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Axle McOctane
Team: Privateer

People losing their shit since the re-election

Post by Axle McOctane »

Given that I am going to be an elementary school teacher within a year, and am also a martial artist, the recent tragedy and the "politicization" being proposed hit close to home. I thought I'd mention an study here, because it seems every damned liberal and European wants to outlaw all guns, and many of them even want to outlaw large knives, given the parallel tragedy in China. I find it curious that these things happened so close to each other, and both so quickly after the re-election of the Communist party. Maybe it is just coincidence, and there is no such think as MK ULTRA or mind-controlled assassins that carry out black-ops in foreign and domestic territories. Even if that is the case, I feel compelled to share this Harvard Study on gun control:

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/org ... online.pdf
Mikeyyart10

Re: People losing their shit since the re-election

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

Didn't really understand what it is your saying apart from if I'm right their going to make it illegal to carry guns or large knives in your area and surrounding areas?
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

It is a very heated topic in Colorado, with the recent Batman incident. Many, many people, and sadly most academics, are all parroting that we now need a "serious talk" about gun control. There is pressure from the UN and most liberals within to ban all firearms. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... as-agenda/
I am of the belief that some or all school teachers should be trained and allowed (perhaps required) to carry concealed. After all, we hire convicted felons to be TSA agents, give them guns, and permission to touch children (in fact everyone) inappropriately, all in the name of safety. Yet somehow people are scared of the idea of teachers having guns, actually believing teachers would be open-firing on students for misbehavior.

As for the mind control stuff, forget it. I shouldn't have mentioned it. I don't want people to conflate the issues, and associate gun rights with conspiracy theories, which is exactly what the mainstream media wants to do. Fact remains, however, that the Second Amendment is the one that protects all of the others, and the last and most crucial check against tyranny.
bob117

Post by bob117 »

I dont see how these people think outlawing guns would help. the people we want to outlaw them from dont have them legally anyway, so all that would change is the ability to defend our selves from them. The people in charge these days just seem so stupid.
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Axle McOctane wrote:...both so quickly after the re-election of the Communist party...
:roll: Political assassinations could possibly be attributed to that, but I'm pretty sure elementary school shootings are independent instances of maniacal idiocy more than likely not connected or caused by politics in any way. Gun free campuses are easy targets for loonies who want to pop some people off. School teachers should be trained in the safe and proper use of firearms and required to carry while at work. Maybe school shootings would be a bit less prevalent then since shooters would know they weren't the only ones with firearms. Or we could do what Switzerland does and train every citizen in the use of firearms and provide them all with a firearm (this would be horrendously expensive to do in the US though, we don't have Swiss tax rates). You never hear stories like this coming out of Switzerland.

We do need to keep better track of who owns which guns in the US though, and make it harder for mental patients, or people who should be mental patients to purchase firearms (Batman incident weapons were purchased legally, and all within a week IIRC). More thorough background checks and longer wait periods possibly. I already own plenty of firearms and know how to use them safely. I can wait a little bit longer and have my record examined a bit more closely if I want to buy some more.
That guy on the two stroke
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

Bob, you have way too much common sense to make it far in academia. Sorry to bear the news.

Interesting how all or nearly all of publicized shooters of the last decade have been on psychiatric drugs, and so of course the solution in MORE psychiatric drugs, and more Orwellian though-crime. That in the only part of your response that I disagree with, Ih8Hondas.
Ih8Hondas

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Axle McOctane wrote:Interesting how all or nearly all of publicized shooters of the last decade have been on psychiatric drugs...
Exactly. That should be included in your background check. If you're on some sort of phych meds, no guns for you.
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

Ih8Hondas wrote: You never hear stories like this coming out of Switzerland.
30 seconds of googling...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zug_massacre
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
Ih8Hondas

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Vellu wrote:
Get out of here with your common sense and internet search engines. :lol:
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Yea lets not let people carry guns in the theatres, so that the criminals that dont care about laws anyways can get all the unarmed sitting ducks.
Sorry if that sounds harsh, but the way i see it, its the truth. There are an estimated 280 million guns owned in the United States. It would be quite easy for a criminal to come across a gun.
Funny Comeback
Team: Drenaline Cycles

Post by Funny Comeback »

Vellu wrote:

Every country has massacres. Switzerland is most likely the one with the fewest.

Personally I think ALL states should allow citizens to conceal weapons. Anyone with any sort of mental illness should not be allowed to purchase a gun. This whole gun control garbage is going to worsen the situation.
RaceFactory Results

2012 Limited Decal Fall Series
Lites AM - 14th Overall
Open B - 11th Overall
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

barrington314 wrote:Yea lets not let people carry guns in the theatres, so that the criminals that dont care about laws anyways can get all the unarmed sitting ducks.
Sorry if that sounds harsh, but the way i see it, its the truth. There are an estimated 280 million guns owned in the United States. It would be quite easy for a criminal to come across a gun.
It's pretty sad that you guys leave in fear without the right to own a gun
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

This was going around as a viral message from Morgan freeman. Even though this is a hoax I do believe and have believed what the message is about.
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody. . . . You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

Is there any proof it was or wasnt him that said it?

I remember him saying something interesting about the topic of racism, that sounded familiar to that. He said something like "Do you want racism to end? Stop talking about it". It was part of an interview and there was obviously a lot of context. Ill try to dig it up.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Pumaxcs wrote:"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody. . . . You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
^That too
DJ99X wrote:It's pretty sad that you guys leave in fear without the right to own a gun
Indeed, but Its more about our rights in general. If you start limiting our rights as U.S. citizens where does it stop? The Right to bear arms is a large part of our culture, and has been since our country's inception.

I guess its something you just cant comprehend. Guns are not the problem, it's the human behind the trigger. We live in a fucked up world, and that is sad, but restricting citizens rights wont solve any problems.

Occurrences like school shootings are isolated incidents, hyped and sensationalized by the media. The majority of the population are perfectly responsible owners of firearms for both personal defense and

recreational shooting.