MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
BrutalMX

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by BrutalMX »

Pumaxcs wrote:Just trying to widen my lens options. I would kind of like to start video and with a SLR I've heard having a minimal zoom lens is best for focus. It has a fish eye that comes with it but I'm not a genius when it comes to lenses, is this a good buy as far as quality and goals?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008BL ... 6ZPY06LT1N

While I'm here and talking about camera stuff, is a lens hood a good buy?
Which camera will you be shooting on? Generally, glass such as what you listed is pretty cheap glass..meaning it's going to lower the clarity of the picture.

Fill us in on what camera you've got and what you plan to do with it, I'll try and throw you some options
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I have a Canon T1i and have the stock 18-55mm and a 75-300mm lens. I'm just trying to get something for video and I've read that having something that doesn't have a large zoom range helps keep the video focused. I wouldn't be heartbroken if I had to pay more or if i didn't get a fisheye lens, I just thought that deal looked to good to be true.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
BrutalMX

Post by BrutalMX »

Pumaxcs wrote: and I've read that having something that doesn't have a large zoom range helps keep the video focused.
I honestly haven't heard this, so I can't justify if its right or wrong. But what you should know is if you're wanting to get a lens that you could zoom while filming, you'll be spending a load of cash. Unless you buy vintage, of course.

To further explain...
Your 75-300mm is probably ehhh f4-f5.6 right? This means that when zooming the aperature automatically adjusts between f4 & f5.6, resulting in a flicker. A very ugly flicker imo, so you don't want to do this. So when you see a zoom lens that has a fixed aperature, of say f4, it stays at f4 throughout all focal lengths, which of course gets rid of the flicker.

This is why the 70-200L lenses are so popular in our sport and most others. They've got both f4 and f2.8 versions of the 70-200L, either with or without IS. The cheapest one is the f4 non-is, $700+/-, which is NOT ideal for motocross. We need some sort of IS.

So unless youre looking to spend massive amounts of cash, I would suggest looking into some vintage constant aperature lenses. I've actually got an old Soligor 70-150mm f/4 and its awesome for zooming shots...but its not too sharp.
Austin Mulhern | Motopixels REV
Image[/a]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/paprod]YouTube Channel

p2sta wrote:since your name is CRF450R you should not worry about kawasaki :lol:
Judge
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FSK

Post by Judge »

^

But since you said you don't mind spending more cash, throw in around 1.5k and get yourself some Canon 18-200 IS USM fixed f/2.8 lens.

And lend them to me sometime will ya? :lol:
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Well, I guess I didn't explain good enough is why that may have been confusing but what you said did kind of fill in the gaps. I'll do some more looking and post again in the Photog topic, hate to actually have a topic in the twitter thread.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Mansson#475
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Mansson#475 »

Ddavis wrote:Image
Look at BB arm
No look at Filip Bengtsson instead! SWEEEDEN!
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

Off to south australia for 3 days of riding in the sand dunes. 21 riders and a support car. Should be sweet
Donate if you like My Creations
Ballsfalsky
Team: Tim Hortons

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Soooooo I think I have mono. I have most of the symptoms. Fuck.
rmitch524
Team: Jack Daniel's Racing

Post by rmitch524 »

Graphics card took a shit last night. Got so mad I ordered a 670.
2019 RF EU Iron Man Moto 1 Champion
Tlangs daddy 2020 RF EU SouthWick
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I wish I had money to get a NVIDIA card. I need to get my 6950 replaced on warranty. It was a really good card before whatever happened.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Oh, and the first essay of the night is FINISHED! I got home at 3 and went to sleep on the couch, meaning to take a quick nap.. woke up at 7 to a poop ton of homework.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

KTM57 wrote:I wish I had money to get a NVIDIA card. I need to get my 6950 replaced on warranty. It was a really good card before whatever happened.
Hey August I figured you would know what's causing my computer to do this.

About 5 times today it's randomly rebooted itself saying something got installed incorrectly and it had a "Crash dump file" or something, it'll show a blue screen then reboot. What's up with that?
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Ddavis wrote:
KTM57 wrote:I wish I had money to get a NVIDIA card. I need to get my 6950 replaced on warranty. It was a really good card before whatever happened.
Hey August I figured you would know what's causing my computer to do this.

About 5 times today it's randomly rebooted itself saying something got installed incorrectly and it had a "Crash dump file" or something, it'll show a blue screen then reboot. What's up with that?
Nate? lolol
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

When my girlfriends college dorm neighbor walks in and says "Hey Devin here's a picture of you and your BITCH girlfriend"... Strike one bro, you're walking on a thin rope. He's some fat stoner
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

Dorms = slootfest

im not surprised your "THAT" guy though hahha

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/