2014 MXDN

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Re: 2014 MXDN

Post by Boblob801 »

Strange, we're all on a similar page. I just don't see why the US has to have there own championship that they feel is superior to the Worlds. Like you were saying August, The US have some top riders but these guys shit on the rest of the field. It's not like the guy in 10th places has any chance of winning. The top guys run away with it. It should be interesting seeing Poto on the GP circuit. I feel as though he should win most of the races but due to the vast range of track types he certainly won't win them all. Poto is likely the best racer to come out of the US, likely better than the Goat IMO. So you can't really say US riders are the best because Poto is one of the stand outs. You couldn't take your 5th fastest guy and say he is better than the likes of Caroli. Your top guys battle with there top guys. It's all pretty similar, you just have a larger pool of riders. I could use NZ as an example. We have next to no riders but we've still had good ones like Townley, Coppins etc but the rest are below par, like good enough to podium LL but not go pro. It's like a ratio, for every 10000 riders there's 1 really good one.
Hi
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I'd say that the elite 450 riders from the AMA series this year - Villopoto, Stewart, Tomac, Roczen, Dungey, and Canard - would all be more than capable of running with Cairoli. I'd also say that there are plenty of 5th-10th place riders in the US that could be very successful on the MXGP circuit.

That said, I have more experience with the MXGP riders that come to race the AMA than the AMA riders that go to race the MXGPs, and we all know that fighting someone on their home turf is a disadvantage in itself.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

KTM57 wrote:I'd say that the elite 450 riders from the AMA series this year - Villopoto, Stewart, Tomac, Roczen, Dungey, and Canard - would all be more than capable of running with Cairoli. I'd also say that there are plenty of 5th-10th place riders in the US that could be very successful on the MXGP circuit.

That said, I have more experience with the MXGP riders that come to race the AMA than the AMA riders that go to race the MXGPs, and we all know that fighting someone on their home turf is a disadvantage in itself.
Yeah, your top guys run with there top guys. Not sure I agree with the 10th place rider being successful on the gp circuit though. I'm sure he'll make the races but he won't find it easy to top 10.

It depends how you see home turf. Most of the GP riders have there home turf but the World GP circuit itself it not really a home turf. There turf would likely be there local gp track.
Hi
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

A fact about this years mxdn. It's been since the domination of the American team in Budds Creek (which still blows my mind) that a team won with only 17 points. The US only had 8 back then :shock: It realy shows on how strong team France was.

And the 4th different nation in as many years that wins. That's been ago since Lierop 2004.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

I know you guys are talking about the MX1 class. But as far as MX2 goes, how about Thomas Covington? I think he did pretty well this year over in Europe. In America he was only racing 250B and went over to Europe got a couple of podium finishes. But I agree that in the MX1 class, I think Villo, Canard, Tomac, Stewart, and maybe Dungey could all win races over there.
Tony el Tigre
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by Tony el Tigre »

Jeremy150 wrote:But as far as MX2 goes, how about Thomas Covington? I think he did pretty well this year over in Europe. In America he was only racing 250B and went over to Europe got a couple of podium finishes.
Just wanna say that he only got 1 podium finish, and then averaged around a 15th place rider
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

Lol, Jay well be interested in this.
Hi
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Tony el Tigre wrote:
Jeremy150 wrote:But as far as MX2 goes, how about Thomas Covington? I think he did pretty well this year over in Europe. In America he was only racing 250B and went over to Europe got a couple of podium finishes.
Just wanna say that he only got 1 podium finish, and then averaged around a 15th place rider
Which in Euro terms is translated in the first of those who pay. But he deserves credit for tackling the word championship on such a young age and with not even 1 round on his home soil. Depends on how injury free his winter will be, but I see him in the top-10 next year.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Tony el Tigre
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by Tony el Tigre »

scheeve3 wrote:Which in Euro terms is translated in the first of those who pay. But he deserves credit for tackling the word championship on such a young age and with not even 1 round on his home soil. Depends on how injury free his winter will be, but I see him in the top-10 next year.
He definitely did well as a rookie. It's going to be good seeing more than one American at the GP's next year
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

You have to admit how brilliant this move is on Villopoto's behalf. He will be going from most American MX fan's saying "Not him again :cry: " to every God fearing, beer drinking, flag waving American cheering him on like the lunatics they are. And the Eurotrash will just be happy to have someone there to legitimize their series. :twisted:
Nybrok
Team: Privateer

Post by Nybrok »

God bless 'murica

Achievements:
-2011 EMF AX champion
-2010 SMA Outdoor champion
-2010 SMA Survival series winner
-2010 MXSON 2nd place (Finland)
MotoTechHusqvarna
Team: MotoTech Yamaha

Post by MotoTechHusqvarna »

Tomac was rippin' it last moto tho :shock:
BG857
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Phathry25 wrote:You have to admit how brilliant this move is on Villopoto's behalf. He will be going from most American MX fan's saying "Not him again :cry: " to every God fearing, beer drinking, flag waving American cheering him on like the lunatics they are. And the Eurotrash will just be happy to have someone there to legitimize their series. :twisted:
I'm so tired of him I hope Cairoli beats him.
That guy on the two stroke