2015 SX Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Re: 2015 SX Discussion

Post by SMR 510RR »

I don't think it was either ones fault. Its just a thing that happens when 3 guys end up in the same corner at the same time. The last guy is anticipating one thing, the 2nd guy does something different and they come together. I think part of it has to do with the fact that Bowers has been racing against slower competition in the AX series. Had it been one of the slower riders who were also in the race I don't think the would have hit so hard, it was a combination of Bowers coming in hot and Webb getting on the gas quick/hard.

They both need to grow up, so does Reed. Canards interview tonight was perfect. He basically said that he is upset at what happened last week but he is not going to dwell on it and hopes that everyone will talk about something else now. They are supposed to be professionals time to act like it. When Webb was asked about it on the podium he should have said "Obviously I am unhappy about what happened but that is a conversation I will have with Bowers" or something like that. Bowers is only fueling the fire with his twitter nonsense. They will both eventually realize that team owners/managers take this kind of stuff into consideration when deciding who they want to put on their bike. Last guy I would want riding for me is the guy that gets pissed off and does something stupid like what Reed did to Canard last week.
Evo997

Post by Evo997 »

These aggressive mistakes are really becoming a focal point. Anyone know how Roczen's face is doing?
Prada wrote:I spent 5 minutes plunging my toilet today.
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything MiNi says.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

m121c wrote:What makes you think he even knew Bowers was there? He was racing forwards not backwards.
youre not supposed to race backwards but youre supposed to be aware and watch your insides.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

I like both Bowers and Webb. What happened tonight was total racing incident, not an itentional take out by any means. I'm just glad they didn't throw a black flag because of it v

That being said, all the drama and controversy surrounding all these incidents is really entertaining. Supercross this year is awesome.
MXDaily
Team: MXD

Post by MXDaily »

MXDaily

Post by MXDaily »

scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Evo997 wrote:These aggressive mistakes are really becoming a focal point. Anyone know how Roczen's face is doing?
http://instagram.com/p/yRQYcdAzEo/

All he needs is a shave and he'll be ready for next week.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
MXDaily

Post by MXDaily »

dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

That was insane, glad hes ok
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

My take on the Bowers/Webb incident is that while it was a racing incident, I still don't know what Bowers was going to try to do anyways. He was easily 1.5-2 bike lengths behind Webb while he stepped off the table and just threw it in there. He wasn't expecting Webb to cut down, but even if he didn't, what would have happened? Bell had the outside and while Webb wasn't waaaaay inside, he did have the inside/middle line covered. Kind of a bonehead move by Bowers, and he has done this before many times, but that's my opinion. Can't wait to see the fireworks it causes.
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

m121c wrote:Really don't see this "cut down" non sense everyone is talking about..
Pretty clear to me that Webb has already done most of his change of direction before even reaching the midpoint of the turn. It's definitely a cut down. If you look at Bowers position on the track, he hasn't even run it in deep, he just didn't expect Webb to cut down like that. Just a racing incident.

KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

SMR 510RR wrote:Bowers is only fueling the fire with his twitter nonsense.
Looks like he's joking to me.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
mxboy97
Team: TeamTimo

Post by mxboy97 »

"I'll wait to Vegas to clean him out"

Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

KTM57 wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:Bowers is only fueling the fire with his twitter nonsense.
Looks like he's joking to me.
I'm not so sure. Sounds pretty serious here...

http://pulpmx.com/sites/default/files/a ... bowers.mp3
m121c

Post by m121c »

At this point Bowers already should have an idea of what is going to happen or at least what he is going to do. Now whether it was racing incident or Bowers went for the kill doesn't matter, in my opinion I think it was either a dirty/dumb move.

Now if you are Cooper and you are trying to pass the guys in front of you (not to mention you just passed Bowers) you aren't even probably thinking Bowers is gonna dive in that far. If you are passing someone do you

A) Slow yourself up to stuff Bell across the ruts?
B) Follow another rider through the middle rut and risk getting caught behind a slower rider in the whoops.
C) Square up the corner where you can obviously see a shallow rut forming, as it was a popular passing spot all night.

Stupid move on Coopers part by calling the Bowers out on the podium, bad championship move.