Weight Lifting

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Weight Lifting

Post by The Conman »

Just wondering, how many here go and lift? If so, what is your program/routine?

I'm currently on SL 5x5, but I'm probably going to transition to P/P/L or PHUL soon because my numbers are starting to reach the point where I can't keep up linear progression much longer.
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Re: Weight Lifting

Post by dbaum25moto »

I lift, No real program just what I'm told to do from the trainer
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Last time I lifted weights was about 6 years ago when we did it in gym class :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I lift burritos all the time.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I do a upper body and lower body split. Upper body on Mon./Thurs., and lower body(and core) on Tues./Fri.

My routines are just things I've thrown together by researching on the internet. :lol:
Evo997
Team: Privateer

Post by Evo997 »

I work on my stomach with a dozen doughnuts. Then I do an intense cardio session to the fridge for some ice cream and cake. Lastly I like to do an assisted sit-up with my recliner when I wake up from my food coma. It's not a workout for the feint of heart.
Prada wrote:I spent 5 minutes plunging my toilet today.
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything MiNi says.
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

i split it between:
chest and triceps
back, biceps, and shoulders
legs
rest day
repeat

In the winter when im bulking i usually do 5x5's to build muscle the most.

spring thru fall i do 4x15's

my diet is mainly chicken because it gets expensive, i make sure i hit at least 300g of protein a day and i eat about 5 times a day.
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I did laundry yesterday so that counts right?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

I lift potato! Game over.
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Post by The Conman »

Cody Darr wrote:I lift potato! Game over.
Fuck man, try not to make us all feel so shitty about ourselves, okay? We're not all that strong.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I used to do every body part twice a week, but i've change up to doing a body part every 6th day and i've seen better results and feel better. I've read so many scientific articles that say your body only needs 48 hours to recover, but I've worn out my joints going every 4 days (Mon/Thursday, for example) to the point where i hurt my rotater cuff and had to take it easy for a while. Maybe that just because I'm 28yrs old and getting older? When i was in my teens, i never had a problem with this. Hell, i was doing 3 practice sessions a day no problem in high school and college.

For every day, i do 3 warmup sets that consist of 10 reps using half the weight of my 6-8rep max. I focus on form, squeezing, and pace. It really helps me focus on that body part the rest of the workout.

For working sets, i stick with 3 sets of 6-8 reps to where I'm failing on my 3rd set at 6 reps. Every rep is focused, squeezing, with good form and pace. I only do 4-5 different exercises and that's it, with about 2-3 minute rest in-between. I'm only in the gym less than an hour.

Right now i do this:
Day 1 - Chest
Day 2 - Back
Day 3 - Legs
Day 4 - Shoulder / Arms
Day 5 - Cardio(not just running. I'll do body weight lunges across the gym floor, jump rope, use the rowing machine, etc)
Day 6 - Repeat.

Eating correctly is almost more important than lifting. Make sure you are hitting your Protein, Carb, Fat, and Calorie macros every day. If you don't see weight gain, adjust for 300 calories more per day and see how it works out. If you feel sluggish, weak, or are losing weight, you are not eating enough.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

This isn't meant to sound rude or anything, but why do you guys work out like this? Do you just want more muscle? I asked one of my friends who has his own schedule and eating plan, and he really didn't have an answer other than to be healthy. I can see working out, but I'd rather be doing cardio or tons of reps with little weight for stamina rather than just building muscle for no apparent reason. Maybe I'm just the odd man out who doesn't want to be a body builder or something :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Your penis is probably adequate.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I'm not to extreme into but I do the normal lifting, protein, rehydrate, cardio stuff. It just makes me feel good to do it I guess. I mean it's not fun to do but it just feels nicer than doing nothing.

But 99% is for riding/racing.