Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
geecomonster
Team: Privateer

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by geecomonster »

the motherboard is a AM3+ socket, for the HDD i read somewhere that this whas a good HDD but if there are better options for my uses like you say i go to change that
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

There is a 5 year warranty on Black HD's. I doubt that you will need more than that and the speed a black has is way better than the Purple. The Purple moves slowly so it doesn't create as much heat and can run itself longer, considering all it does is store video footage it works fine but for a gaming use you will be in loading screens forever. The rest of the build seems good enough, good luck with it.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

+1 on WD black, great drives. If you have room in your budget a 250gb SSD as a OS drive is optimal IMO. Everything is so fast with my Samsung pro as the OS and Programs drive and a regular hard drive as a data drive.
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

Has anyone tried out these ridiculously cheap Korean WQHD monitors yet? Qnix is using Samsungs high-end PLS-Panel technology and sells the monitors which are obviously getting pretty decent results in almost any review for dirt cheap 350 Dollars (250€) on ebay. I might get one of these to replace my AOC 24"-Monitor with a cheap TN-Panel after I built up my new PC. Here's a review that covered almost every aspect of the Monitor. So what do you think?

KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I've heard of people buying them. A few people complained of dead pixels, which I guess you can't complain about at such a discount, but I think they're solid for the most part. I personally would be worried about buying one in case I had to pay return shipping or something, but that's just me.

So this concept is pretty crazy. I'm sure that next to nobody will ever use this feature, but it's cool to see the demonstration.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

Man that's impressive but would be such a waste of money for the average consumer :D

Yeah that dead pixel thing is mostly a problem with the super cheap versions of that display. You can actually buy a completely checked version with no dead pixels and a checked panel with less bleeding in the corners for 30 bucks extra. The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the return of the display when it would show up damaged due to transporting issues. But luckily that's a pretty uncommon problem.. Is it even possible to run MXS in 2560x1440?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Pretty cool, wonder if it just heats the pcb up or what.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Installed a cold cathode light bar. The wires are too short to put the second one on the bottom, but it looks pretty cool as is. iPhone 4 shots.

Lights on, side panel off

Lights off, side panel off

Lights half on, side panel on

Lights off, side panel on

Probably going to get 16GB of new RAM @1866 pretty soon.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Just ordered this RAM. Should be nice for my arts n stuff since the 8GB 1333 stuff is a little slow, old, and maxes out easy when multitasking. Just insane that this was $140 plus tax at a $40 discount when my current RAM was $35 for 8GB 2 years ago. Makes me wish I had gone 16GB back when I first built.

This RAM is also the last part (other than HDD) that I'll replace before I can say that I have a completely different machine from when I first built it. Mom, we made it. Here's an album with the progression of my PC setup over the past 3 years.
rf36

Post by rf36 »

Hey guys i'm planning on buying a new pc. What do you guys think of it?

Motherboard : Asus Vanguard B85
Proccesor : Intel Core i5 4670K Boxed
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (DDR3)
Hard Drive: WD Black SATA 6 Gb/s WD1003FZEX, 1TB
Graphics Card : Asus R9 280X
Power Supply : Corsair CX750M
Case : BitFenix Merc Alpha

Total price is about €810. Can i improve anything?
                    • [list][list][list][list][list][list]i5 4690K, Gigabyte GTX 970, CM690III
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Instead of a B85 chipset get a Z87. Z87 have more features and allow you to OC more since you have an unlocked i5 it would be best to go that route. If you do want to OC heavily though I'd recommend a different CPU cooler. I think an i5 and 280X though will be a killer of a game machine.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

I have vengeance LP in my computer and I kinda wish I would have gone with something else. I was not able to get to the advertised speed without overvolting it slightly, I guess it isnt a huge deal but for the money I paid for it I think it should have been able to reach advertised speed within their specs.
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

[quote="Race "I'm banned" Karlin"]Image

Case-Corsair 750D
Mobo-ASRock Z77 extreme 4
RAM-Corsair Vengence 16GB @ 1600 (keeps giving me problems on 1866)
CPU-i5 3570k @ 4.6 vcore @ 1.215
GPU-Asus R9 280X platium edition (sadly discontinued for the matrix)
COOLING-Corsair H100i in push pull with 2x Noctua NF-F12'S 2x Corsair stock SP
PSU-Corsair CX750M
SSD-Adata 256GB
HDD-WD Caviar Black 1TB
And a red LED strip because its cool.... Let me know what you think!
[/quote]
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Looks extremely clean actually.

THANK YOU NOCTUA! They have finally made a fan that I have no problem getting at all and if you want a fan well worth its money, then that name will stick but they had this awful tan and brown color. Now though, they have a new series, the Industrial, and because Corsair is dragging their feet with the colored ring fans I'm now sold on these.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=produkte&lng=en

Scroll to the bottom,they have them in 140mm and 120mm varieties.
MXS Cares
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »