Snowmobiling

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Snowmobiling

Post by yzmxer608 »

Does anyone have snowmobiles or goes snowmobiling? Went last week on new years, was pretty fun. I go to up north WI, my uncle has a cabin, it's on a lake. You can get to the trails just by riding across the lake, it's awesome :D. I ride a 1996 Yamaha VMAX XT 600 (first sled ever to have long travel suspension :D):
Crank seal went out on it though, so we can't ride it this year :(. My dad has a 2007 Apex, don't have a photo of his but this is the same sled:
We also have a 1982 Yamaha Enticer 340, don't laugh. On smooth trails (it only has a couple of inches of travel) it can keep up to modern sleds (can stay with my dad on his Apex if the trails are in good conditions). Once it gets rough it sucks riding it. Looks like this but black:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Snowmobiling

Post by Phathry25 »

Snowmobiles are ghey. Ride on bumpy trails with a bunch of dumb drunks racing down them around you.... Plus you can just ride your dirt bike anyways..

yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Yeah, we haven't tried spiking our tires yet. Just sucks you can only ride on ice.

Snowmobiling is fun though, don't have to worry about shifting or the clutch so you can focus on other things. Have to pay attention a lot though, if you want to ride fast at least. Depends on where you ride but around Lakewood the trails are somewhat narrow, so you have to constantly watch for people and get on the right side around blind corners. Can't hit a tree either... I want to get a helmet cam, if I do I'll take it snowmobiling one time so you guys can see the trails we ride on, they are pretty fun.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

i want a set of these. snowmobiling is super fun though. dont like it as much as moto though

yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Would be pretty cool to have that yeah. I know there are actual bikes that are sold like that, they aren't converted mx bikes. I'd rather just convert your own mx bike though, you already know the bike, plus you can use it year round then.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Riding a 05 Arctic Cat 500 Sno Pro. Pretty nice sled. We're gunna make a snocross track pretty soon at my friends house.
HolstadMX
Team: Privateer

Post by HolstadMX »

Snow is toooooo cold for me