Gran Turismo 5

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
russ190
Team: Privateer

Re: Gran Turismo 5

Post by russ190 »

im disappointed in how short the game is compared to the others. I dislike how they do the used car lot. Its pretty much random. If you dont buy the car you saw right away it may not be there later on. So far im only giving it a 3/5
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Makes me wish I had a PS3. :(
Goardy
Team: Satan

Post by Goardy »

my memory may be misleading me, as its been many a year since i played a gt game, but i seem to remember the used car lot being like that in the past? it changed from "day" to "day" in the game.

also, i am so keen to get gt5 that i may buy a ps3 solely to play it.
Get a pack of dogs up ya!
ゲイセックス、笑
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

im not really impressed with the game it doesnt feel liek a sim to me feels really arcady
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

you think it feels arcady? turn off all assist, i love this game drifting online<3
Judge
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FSK

Post by Judge »

Goardy wrote:my memory may be misleading me, as its been many a year since i played a gt game, but i seem to remember the used car lot being like that in the past? it changed from "day" to "day" in the game.

It worked that way on GT4 aswell yes, can't tell about the rest though.

And, you'd be doing great on buying a ps3 man.

By the way, does anyone know if you get a GOOD race car on any championship or race? 'Cause god damn I ain't saving up 20 millions for shit. :lol:
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

russ190 wrote:im disappointed in how short the game is compared to the others....
Whoa! You aren't finished are you? I admit, finishing all the license tests came with little fanfare. I've made it to level 18 and cant wait to run LeMans w/o chicanes. The Nordschleife is the best version in all of simracing(unless iRacing has one).
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
02CRF450R

Post by 02CRF450R »

Got a PS3 with GT5 for free with my new Sony 3DTV. Been playing it a bit in 3d.
I've wasted a lot of my life playing LFS and iRacing, as well as My Dick Burns Rally, and GT5 is just not the same kind of game. People keep describing it as "Arcadey" and i'd have to kind of agree, as it is a very, very forgiving driving model. You can turn under maximum braking without spinning out, and power oversteer feels spongey. I've watched a LOT of my friends try out Live For Speed, and I'm yet to see anyone make it around the first, second, third or fourth corner they attempt.
This is not to detract from what GT5 does well, which is look friggin awesome and be easy and fun to play. Not to mention the 3d factor. It's pretty crazy. You have to mess with the 3d setting a fair bit to get it looking good, but it is possible. Except for the replays in the license tests. My eyes almost explode every time it happens. Gives me a mad headache.
4-stroke induced bankruptee.
Timba

Post by Timba »

oye!
jesplind

Post by jesplind »

Judge wrote:
Goardy wrote:my memory may be misleading me, as its been many a year since i played a gt game, but i seem to remember the used car lot being like that in the past? it changed from "day" to "day" in the game.

It worked that way on GT4 aswell yes, can't tell about the rest though.

And, you'd be doing great on buying a ps3 man.

By the way, does anyone know if you get a GOOD race car on any championship or race? 'Cause god damn I ain't saving up 20 millions for shit. :lol:
I'm in the same seat. Highest leauge in A and just reciving shitty cars after races. BUT there is something new (cant remember the name of it) anyways there is some money to ear there upp to 1000.000 still alot more to earn to afford à formel 1 for exampel.
Scoli.

Post by Scoli. »

02CRF450R wrote: My Dick Burns Rally,
:lol: haha and yeah i stopped playing Forza Motorsport 3 and moved to LFS becuase i though even Forza was too "Arcady" .. although it was mostly the retards that though the more HP they had the bigger dick they had. :|
angelosxs

Post by angelosxs »

What's your opinion about GRID?I play it for a week and i like it,but i think that it is difficult sometimes
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I'll let ya down easy dude, that game is the most "arcadey" of all.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Judge
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FSK

Post by Judge »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I'll let ya down easy dude, that game is the most "arcadey" of all.
After Shift and its wavy inflatable shitty HUD... lol!