How To Make A Successful Team

Organize races and post results here
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

How To Make A Successful Team

Post by Brina927 »

In no way am I promising this is going to lead to success, I'm just really hoping that some new guys will take a little time to read this before starting a team.

Preperation:
If you don't follow these instructions and be prepared, I can almost guarantee you your team will not be successful.
Time:
I personally think you should have played this game for at least 6 months before creating a team. Wether or not you choose to wait that long is up to you. But the more experience and knowledge you have of this game the better. This also helps because as time goes on, you will begin to know and become friends with more people, and hopefully gain some respect. Whatever you do, do not make a post till you have completed all of the following below. There is nothing worse than seeing a post of an unprepared team. You will have already started out a team that looks bad.
Team Name:
Now of course a team name will be based off of personal preference but try to keep it original. Be aware that making a team name the same as a real team(Gieco, Pro Circuit etc.)may be viewed as goony by many. You will also want to stay away from team names that have the word "goon" in them for obvious reasons. Try not to make your team too long. Some people like to use abbreviations for their team but it is not a must.
Riders:
Team riders are the most important part of your team. You will want to find people that you trust. Especially if it is a brand new team. The best thing to have is riders that you know will not leave the team in a week. As I've said before, if you have more time on the game and have some mxs friends who will be willing to join the team. In my opinion, you should spend time getting to know the rider before actually letting them on the team. Don't be desperate to get riders, be patient, and take your time finding riders who are respected, ride clean, and possibly have special skills such as skinning/modeling/video editing.
*Contact: I feel it is very important that you have an efficient way of communicating with your team. Private messages can work, but the best way is to have instant communcation such as Skype/Vent/Xfire. Try and get your team onto one so you can all talk, get to know eachother, and let eachother know new events.
*Participation: You will also want to look for riders who play this game often, and hopefully on the same timeframe as you. This way you can ride together. A good way to make a name for your team is to compete in organized events. It puts your team name out there and on the board. Good results are always great, but it's not always the most important. Just having your team show up for events shows that you guys are a solid team.
*Numbers: In my opinion, your team should have around 3-8 riders. Any more than 8 is just ridiculous. Be aware that the more riders you have, the more hard it is to keep track of everyone. When you begin a team, you may only have 3, but as your team becomes known others may be interested in joining.
Skins:
Your team needs skins. It's plain and simple. They are the second most important part of the team. Your skins is how your team looks to others. If don't have any, your team will look extremely goony. As you may notice, most of the top teams on MXS have some really good quality skins. This is another situation where time comes into play. It's good to spend some time learning how to skin. You may not be the greatest, but anything is better than nothing. If you absolutely can't, try to find someone who is kind enough to help out. However, do NOT beg for people to make you a skin. Another idea is using templates that were released. But make sure you ask the creator before using them. Also, using skins that are public for your team is usually a bad idea.
*Brand: Some people don't like the idea of having multiple brands of bikes for one team, others don't care. It's a personal preference, in my opinion I don't like the idea, it's not realistic and takes more time to skin extra bikes.
*Logo: A good way to look like a serious, good team, is to have a team logo. Make sure it is original and looks decent.

The Start:
Here is where your team will begin to get notice.
The post:
The team post is very important.This is the real beginning of your team and how your team presents itself. It's the first thing people see and are going to judge about the team. As i've said before make sure all of the above is complete before making your team post. I would suggest getting quality screenshots of your team/skins/logos. Try to keep the post as organized as possible. Give a brief description of how the team came about and it's plans and ideas. Add your team riders and maybe a small description such as their speed level, or skills. Do not make a million team positions, keep it simple. Have a manager, which is you, and then the riders.Also be sure to post the link to your team skins. Keep in mind a team post is not 100% necassary. It is possible to have a successful team without ever making a post, again it's personal preference. I like the idea of team posts, as it helps it get more known and is nice to give out updates for the team.
Commitment:
When you start the team, make sure you are starting it with full commitment. No matter what, stick with it. There will be ups and downs with your team. People may leave, everyone may leave(which would mean you probably failed the "riders" section). But do everything you can to not let the team die. There will be haters, and crap-talkers, but be confident in your team and ignore it. It is very important to stick with the team because if you quit it, people will lose respect for you and the haters will have won. It is too often that teams only last a week. This is why you must be certain that a team is what you want. Plan on being on the team for as long as possible.
Be Creative:
There are many great things you can do with your team. Come up with new ideas, maybe host a cool event. Make new things. This community thrives off of new ideas. Coming up with something new can really make your team stand out. Maybe try and even get a sponsor from a real company. It makes your team look badass and serious. Try not to be too silent and fall into the "crowd". Just...be creative :)
Stay Active:
Being an active team is very important. Communicating with others in the community is a great way to earn respect. Posting on the forums is a great way to do this. Also as I've stated before, participating in organized events helps alot as well. If you notice a team rider is no longer active, it is up to you to make the decision to remove him/her from the team. Having inactive riders makes the team look dead, and it will no longer be recognized as a good team.

Good Luck
If you are considering making a team, and have taken the time to read this, I thank you. I truly feel that following these instructions will help lead you to having a successful team. I wish you the best of luck with your team.
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
McNeil Racing
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MXSP

Re: How To Make A Successful Team

Post by McNeil Racing »

should pm robert196 this maybe he could keep the same name for more then 2 weeks! hahaha
jlv wrote:I wonder how many hours of my life I'd have back if DeRoco had never noticed this game?
MXSP Race Team: Joe, Gideon67, Butler, McNeilLatest MXS Tutorials,MSI Episodes and Track Reviews
hollin427
Team: Privateer

Post by hollin427 »

BRINA FTW!!!!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

McNeil Racing wrote:should pm robert196 this maybe he could keep the same name for more then 2 weeks! hahaha
Hahahahaha fantastic!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
MX196

Post by MX196 »

McNeil Racing wrote:should pm robert196 this maybe he could keep the same name for more then 2 weeks! hahaha
Says the kid that got kicked from my team that he loved so much he cried. And you wonder why you got kicked...
Nybrok

Post by Nybrok »

Good post Brina, i hope people will actually read this!
Achievements:
-2011 EMF AX champion
-2010 SMA Outdoor champion
-2010 SMA Survival series winner
-2010 MXSON 2nd place (Finland)
McNeil Racing
Crushed Dissenter

Post by McNeil Racing »

MX196 wrote:
Says the kid that got kicked from my team that he loved so much he cried. And you wonder why you got kicked...
cried? im guessing you miss spelled laughed. why would i ever cry over a team on mxsim its a video game. and i acctualy never really loved the team considering it wasnt really a team.. it was more colby, you and carson were the only official members, considering the fact everytime u make a new name(every week.) their always the ones on it. you acctualy didnt know anything about your team to be honest with you, the fact that you bed time is 7:30 cause your 13 made you miss the best parts.. but hey man what ever you say if you think i cried then spread the word.. but whose really going to believe a 13 year old?
jlv wrote:I wonder how many hours of my life I'd have back if DeRoco had never noticed this game?
MXSP Race Team: Joe, Gideon67, Butler, McNeilLatest MXS Tutorials,MSI Episodes and Track Reviews
hollin427

Post by hollin427 »

both of u should stop bickering in a topic like this :D. how about u try PMs
ct596

Post by ct596 »

McNeil Racing wrote:
MX196 wrote:
cried? im guessing you miss spelled laughed. why would i ever cry over a team on mxsim its a video game. and i acctualy never really loved the team considering it wasnt really a team.. it was more colby, you and carson were the only official members, considering the fact everytime u make a new name(every week.) their always the ones on it. you acctualy didnt know anything about your team to be honest with you, the fact that you bed time is 7:30 cause your 13 made you miss the best parts.. but hey man what ever you say if you think i cried then spread the word.. but whose really going to believe a 13 year old?
Why do you hate on him so much? The only reason I can think of is that your mad that he kicked you off the team so why don't stop acting like a dick and forget about it, it's a game!
MX196

Post by MX196 »

I would like to add to the first post;

Members: Be sure that the member you want to have on has not been in the ban court or kicks random people in any server. It gives a bad rep for your team and that person. So if that person has a bad rep, and he joins your team, then your team will have some bad rep. Take Mcneil for example. He has added bad rep to TSR so we have taken him off the team. He has been in Ban Court and kicks people from servers.
Jr Dirt Doctor#489
Team: AEO Powersports

Post by Jr Dirt Doctor#489 »

Shut up it's a game nobody should give a shit.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

Nevermind, dont make a team. Too much drama ^
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
McNeil Racing
Crushed Dissenter

Post by McNeil Racing »

hahaha brina's comment = winning. i acctualy dont really hate robert i hate the fact that everyweek when i come onto the forum theres a new team made my mx196,

Kicking people from servers.. you mean like you did? aswell?, kids who cut the track should be kicked dont you think?, i got a ban court thing who responded? no1 important jlv didnt even take the time to respond to that thread therefor making it a joke. i could go on the forum and put u on the ban court and make up some shit shouldnt you be kicked off the team? also u leave every race you give the team a rage quiting status, you make a new team every week making any team made my robert a joke. lmfao i joined tsr to get a feel for teams again after giles died. i gave tsr a shot and got kicked off boohoo? what do teams on mxsim give you? a set of a gear to run and some extra friends on xfire? WOWOWOOWOW
Jester#132

Post by Jester#132 »

Jr Dirt Doctor#489 wrote:Shut up it's a game nobody should give a shit.
^ This.

Brina nice topic, I think it was made before, but clearly alot of new people don't go looking through pages to find something like it, instead they just make random teams which usually end up in fails, but thanks to this let's hope they will succeed more often, and more importantly, not make shitty teams as much.. :lol:

As far as Robert changing teamnames and whatnot, that is his choice, and as you said yourself Mcneil, it's a game, to have fun, if his idea of fun is that, then let him be, who are you or anyone else to judge?
Trying to give one another a bad name here is just sad, move on and have fun.

Amen.. :wink:
"I didn't jump the gate...it musta' flipped back up, after I went over it!?!"
MX196

Post by MX196 »

Jester#132 wrote:Trying to give one another a bad name here is just sad, move on and have fun.

Amen.. :wink: