TH_722

Re: 2014 Team Policy for rF

Post by TH_722 »

phat needs to come back so we can revive FATT
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Robert196 wrote:I don't mean to be rude, but why this rule? In games such as iRacing if you can get the sponsor you're good.
This debate wash hashed out months ago when Sween first put up the announcement, but at risk of opening that whole can of worms once again...

Ever try to go to industry companies and get them to support your venture? It's not easy, especially when it is something they don't usually know much about. Thankfully, in many cases we get the chance to introduce them to MXS and the racing in a professional manner and let them see the legitimacy of the exposure and community.

Now, ever try to go to them after they've received an email or facebook/twitter spammage from a 12 year old saying "will u sponser me n my team"? Or, ever get phone calls from guys in the industry who you know and they have some background on the fact of rF and/or that I'm the "video game guy" so they call and say "What the hell is this?" And it's a big joke to them before it starts?

And finally, it is limited to rF sponsors simply because... rF is the one giving the platform for exposure, therefore, our sponsors and supporters should be the ones to benefit. You aren't paying or providing anything to use our "media outlet" that is rF, so why should we use our resources to promote your sponsor who many times will be a competitor with our sponsors?

I'm going to use Stheart for example because I know Garrett plans to bring them in as a regular sponsor if he can and won't get offended by them being used as an example because he knows there was no issue with it...

But, Stheart provided nothing to rF in 2013, yet they got plenty of broadcast mentions, website mentions, and free branding. On the flip side, their competitor, another clothing company Moto Option put up THOUSANDS of dollars worth of prizes to be title SX sponsor. Did we do the best to deliver for them? Sure! But was it fair to them that their competitor who donated nothing was also getting exposure? I don't think so. If a company wants to get exposure through rF, they need to support the community. (Thanks in advance Garrett for letting me pick on Stheart for that example).

Now if your team wants to be "Team Jimmy John's" because you have sponsorship from Jimmy John's, and you want to find your own way to get them exposure outside of what rF provides, be my guest. But at rF events, on the rF website, in rF broadcasts and other media, your team will be Team Custom Name and Jimmy John's will not be referenced or given any platform for exposure.

Now, you're free to pick this reply apart piece by piece by piece to try and start an internet argument, but this decision has been finalized for months and is not up for debate. I am sure other racing outlets have their own rules on teams, and you're free to do what you wish with them.

It is to provide VALUE to those who DO SUPPORT rF and to eliminate the embarrassment that is all the emails and messages sent to companies begging for sponsorship. If you read half the emails and messages, maybe you'd understand.
honda boy 326
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Not even mad JLV.

Post by honda boy 326 »

that cleared a lot of things up for me, thank you
BEST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: Out of Vanderlees blast zone
WORST PLACE ON EARTH? Matt James: In his blast zone
Fro wrote:Morin is right.
T-RIDER wrote:i turned my bars this weekend... shit myself and turned em back staight away.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Chris you are a really smart guy, sometimes I don't agree with your decisions but in most cases including this one I agree, and you know what you are doing. I've emailed sponsors with legitimate rundown of the series, what it's about, an idea of what would happen if they sponsored the team, etc etc, although it may have been a "joke" to some of them, I feel bad for rF when you had 12 year old's SPAMMING sponsors saying "HEy guys I reallyyyyyyy like FOX and want FOX to sponser my team!! racefactorygaming.com go go go! It's good! Sponsor me :)"
YogiBear
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by YogiBear »

Well nothing but creds from me for taking that decision Chris, and it opens more possibilities for this game when you have a serious person who has an important role in this game. Like you said, no brand/sponsor would be happy to know that they get less exposure than someone who puts absolutely no donations into the series.

And like Devin said, it sure helps the overall credibility of the game and the series that the potential sponsors don't get bombed with "Sponsor me and my team, I love FOX!!!". Because they get enough of them from people doing real life sports as well, and this I know from my last job. It really makes the credibility of rf bad when a person have to go through tons of unproffesional emails featuring "Sponsor me I love FOX, and we are good!". After a while you just stop reading mails regarding rf or MXS itself.

So again (yes I am repeating myself) really great decision. And to all you people considering contacting some brand, if you really are serious about getting some sponsorship from them put in an effort in your proposal. Not just for your sake, but for the entire community!
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Two positive posts in a row, wow, that actually feels good like maybe there is hope, haha. Seriously thank you guys for having faith in the rF team.

I should add, if you have a company you want to sponsor your team, and you have a connection there, feel free to drop me a note, give me the backstory and let's see if we can figure out a way they can come in and support your team and the community. With that said, don't be upset that it won't likely be until December before we really get moving on any team stuff, so you may have to be patient. And if you bring a contact or sponsor to the table, you will be involved with the process and we won't just take them out from under you in anyway.

Barrington did it 100% correct last year with 180 Decals, he had an idea, and an "in" and he approached rF and we put something together for them to support their team and rF together.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

checkerz wrote:Two positive posts in a row, wow, that actually feels good like maybe there is hope, haha. Seriously thank you guys for having faith in the rF team.

I should add, if you have a company you want to sponsor your team, and you have a connection there, feel free to drop me a note, give me the backstory and let's see if we can figure out a way they can come in and support your team and the community. With that said, don't be upset that it won't likely be until December before we really get moving on any team stuff, so you may have to be patient. And if you bring a contact or sponsor to the table, you will be involved with the process and we won't just take them out from under you in anyway.

Barrington did it 100% correct last year with 180 Decals, he had an idea, and an "in" and he approached rF and we put something together for them to support their team and rF together.
For example, myself and O'neal, I talk to the rider rep and know the owner, Jim. That would be an exception?
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

In that case, I would ask you to email me. We would then get up to speed with your relationship with them and develop a plan to try and bring them in as a sponsor of your team officially with rF.

Just the attempt to be fair and make sure any agreements are properly represented.

I've heard of other companies being promised rF exposure without ever talking to rF. That doesn't exactly make sense to me. (not in your case Devin).
mxmadman374
Team: Privateer

Post by mxmadman374 »

checkerz wrote:In that case, I would ask you to email me. We would then get up to speed with your relationship with them and develop a plan to try and bring them in as a sponsor of your team officially with rF.

Just the attempt to be fair and make sure any agreements are properly represented.

I've heard of other companies being promised rF exposure without ever talking to rF. That doesn't exactly make sense to me. (not in your case Devin).
Oh no... Mxs now includes collective bargaining agreements, except the "league" (rf) is making the rules without actually bargaining with the riders! Lol :)

I kid... Sorta. Just remember that its a two way street. No one would sponsor anyone if it weren't for the riders and spectators.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

mxmadman374 wrote:
checkerz wrote:In that case, I would ask you to email me. We would then get up to speed with your relationship with them and develop a plan to try and bring them in as a sponsor of your team officially with rF.

Oh no... Mxs now includes collective bargaining agreements, except the "league" (rf) is making the rules without actually bargaining with the riders! Lol :)

I kid... Sorta. Just remember that its a two way street. No one would sponsor anyone if it weren't for the riders and spectators.
And remember, rF has NOTHING to gain by "stealing" any sponsorship. Anything gained from the sponsors is given away to the community.

Our number 1 goal always has been, and always will be to grow the community and provide a fun, competitive, and professional racing organization. It is not to make money or take advantage of people.
mxmadman374
Team: Privateer

Post by mxmadman374 »

Eh? Why not make some money if you can?

I was just messing around anyway. Its understandable that your sponsors dislike the fact that so many competitors are being advertised.

The NFL does the same thing. If a player wears and under armor logo on accident to a Gabe and they get a$20k fine.

AMA can't do it because half the money of the money in the sport comes from energy drinks lol.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

Just be grateful that these guys take time out if their personal lives that give people like you and me somewhere so sit back and try hard. Thanks for everything you guys have done, and I will once again sit out till the nationals.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

I still think it's rubbish.

/negativepost

Is Sween still part of rf?
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

I don't 100% follow this. There seems to be two points you're trying to convey to us.

First Point: There are a number of "Companys" that get advertisement through rf BUT do NOT support rf. I for one agree that this is unfair and fully back you for that. Although, I don't quite see eye to eye on one thing. Say I have a "company" who allows me to run there name and could possibly give me merch, now this company is more than happy to support me and my team. I, as the team owner, in no way expect rf to promote my team sponsor. Obviously my team sponsor doesnt support rf so I don't expect rf to support them, simple. With that said, why can't I have them as my title sponsor?? I don't expect to you give them shout outs or anything for that matter. Its likely not every team Title sponsor wants to support a team and then support rf aswell. Its no different to redbull sponsoring a team but not sponsoring the Ama Sx series, not every company can afford to give away 1 million dollars.

Second Point: Mxs is full of imature kids who can't put together a simple letter or proposal in order to get a Title sponsor. So in turn they possibly make Mxs and rf look like a joke. I partial suppport this. Obviously not everyone acts in the same manner as a 12year old kid hyped up on Mountian dew. With that said it makes it no different then a 12year old kid saying "Sponsor me I got 23rd in C class at my local race, I'll turn pro in no time." I feel as though a lot of the more mature and smarter people miss out based on others actions BUT I understand rf are smart cookies so I feel as though we can come to an agrement.

My Suggestion: I suggest that anyone looking for a title sponsor could possibly email rf there proposal and rf then foward that onto the "company" (if its fit to be done). Like I stated earlier there will be a number of "companys" willing to sponsor a team but not a series. The one clear issue I can see is the work load would increase for rf which I see to be unfair on them.
Hi