2013 AMA National Tracks Discussion

Organize races and post results here
mbork-1
Team: NOTEAM

Re: 2013 AMA National Tracks Discussion

Post by mbork-1 »

Ddavis wrote:Hangtown - Everything about Hangtown is pretty accurate, my only complaint was how skinny it was. Pileups as wide as the track were common and tough to race on. I felt like I was riding the track the entire moto rather than racing it/the other racers on the track.

Lakewood - Was prime, I really liked Lakewood.

Mt. Morris - High Point was really slippery and in spots too smooth. I think you should darken up the dirt instead of that hard packed Elsinore looking dirt and make it a tiny bit wider/make the dirt feel a little rougher all together, not rough like Red Bud, but not smooth as a freeway.

Budds Creek - Was good, I liked the layout and everything.

Southwick - I'm slow there but track's fine. Maybe make the sand rollers more taller and bigger rather than a bunch of sharp whoops. Where you actually have to rhythm through the rollers not just go wide open over small long whoops.

Red Bud - Smoother, but sickest jumps.

Washougal - Loved it.

Millville - Loved it.

Unadilla - Good fun track perfect roughness.

Elsinore - Just replicate it like the 2012 track and it'll be heaps better.
Exactly,just would like to see lighter Washougla like some guys said and smoothered and lighter red bud aswell
and for sure only one best wish is if you could make differnt lines, flat tracks out and make ruts from the ground thet would be a dream :D :D :D
3rd MX2 EMF - AX Series 2011
2nd MX1 BMF - Friday Night Series 2012
1st MX3 - EMXs
8th MX1 EMF - MX Series 2012
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

tyskorn wrote:This is the Utah national:
http://vimeo.com/58798528
Didn't Checkerz make the layout of Lakewood from scratch? Motoboss made Elsinore without a map just fine too. I think the new tracks could get done, especially since all of the other tracks have bases now.

SOOOO MUCH ELEVATION!!!! I cant believe it will be that flat.
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Meanwhile in Utah

wonder if the guard rails will stay?

ok sorry about the page rape. I just got really interested.
Anyways, I bet itll be a sick venue. Just too bad about a track like Glen Helen not getting a national. :?
giopanda
Team: Privateer

Post by giopanda »

redbud will be redone, with the new layout like last year ama race, better visuals so no dark areas and better ruts and roughness, just to make everyone know :)
imBergi-37
Team: MadCape

Post by imBergi-37 »

Ddavis wrote:Hangtown - Everything about Hangtown is pretty accurate, my only complaint was how skinny it was. Pileups as wide as the track were common and tough to race on. I felt like I was riding the track the entire moto rather than racing it/the other racers on the track.

Lakewood - Was prime, I really liked Lakewood.

Mt. Morris - High Point was really slippery and in spots too smooth. I think you should darken up the dirt instead of that hard packed Elsinore looking dirt and make it a tiny bit wider/make the dirt feel a little rougher all together, not rough like Red Bud, but not smooth as a freeway.

Budds Creek - Was good, I liked the layout and everything.

Southwick - I'm slow there but track's fine. Maybe make the sand rollers more taller and bigger rather than a bunch of sharp whoops. Where you actually have to rhythm through the rollers not just go wide open over small long whoops.

Red Bud - Smoother, but sickest jumps.

Washougal - Loved it.

Millville - Loved it.

Unadilla - Good fun track perfect roughness.

Elsinore - Just replicate it like the 2012 track and it'll be heaps better.
Yup, with that, the serie will be perfect <3 Only need shaders :)
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

checkerz wrote:
Didn't Checkerz make the layout of Lakewood from scratch? Motoboss made Elsinore without a map just fine too. I think the new tracks could get done, especially since all of the other tracks have bases now.
WOW, good find. Maybe Motoboss is up for that challenge? I bet he'd kill it.

I didn't make Lakewood like that, I had a base from a trackmap from ADHK. I did build Millville 2008 from scratch, but it was a bit easier having been there. Same with the old Loretta's I think?

Anyone have any good reference of the "national" track from Muddy Creek and not just their local track?
Call it a test of manhood... :)
I except..would be nice to get the google earth coordinates if someone has them...
Just want to be sure but Steel City isnt in the nationals this year?
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Cody Darr wrote:

SOOOO MUCH ELEVATION!!!! I cant believe it will be that flat.
Damn it. I hate these flat tracks. A reason why the GP tracks are cool, natural terrain...
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

Motoboss wrote: I except..would be nice to get the google earth coordinates if someone has them...
There you go:
40.585563°, -112.377697°

It is pointing the SM track, but it is the same facility. I had the height data when I started the SM track, but I can't find it.... I might have deleted it.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Not to say that all of the AMA tracks are flat (obviously), but the recent additions (elsinore and that one) are flat besides man-made stuff.

WE WANT GLEN HELEN.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Motoboss wrote:
checkerz wrote:
WOW, good find. Maybe Motoboss is up for that challenge? I bet he'd kill it.

I didn't make Lakewood like that, I had a base from a trackmap from ADHK. I did build Millville 2008 from scratch, but it was a bit easier having been there. Same with the old Loretta's I think?

Anyone have any good reference of the "national" track from Muddy Creek and not just their local track?
Call it a test of manhood... :)
I except..would be nice to get the google earth coordinates if someone has them...
Just want to be sure but Steel City isnt in the nationals this year?
2901 Sheep Ln, Tooele, UT
Was JUST going to start stiching together the ortho. But if you wanna go for it, go for it. lol. Have you actually started on Lake Elsinore? If not maybe Ill go that route then. And no, steelcity is for sure out.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Stephen, let's chat online tonight! I figured you'd be up to the task of helping.

Motoboss, e-kisses. I love the new style you've been using biulding and am sure the track will be awesome. Let me know when you need some beta help!
McLovin
Team: Basedgod

Post by McLovin »

On Lakewood there are a few changes. I'll get you a GoPro next time I ride there.
PREME TEAM
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

McLovin wrote:On Lakewood there are a few changes. I'll get you a GoPro next time I ride there.
eh. I think it will be based on last years national. Thats the common theme. And rightfully so IMO.
MXTYSEN21
Team: Volcom Racing

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

Some pictures that Landen Powell took today while walking the track, pretty sweet.

Uphill start
you are a G jlv
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Track looks cool to me. Depends how they prep it.