Organize races and post results here
MaxChwalik
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: EMF Fucked it up

Post by MaxChwalik »

TrentAdams wrote:
MaxChwalik wrote:
TrentAdams wrote: it really isn't tho... i feel like there is more people racing this year as a whole by round 10 than by round 10 last year.
Maybe cause it is back on rf.
yes, but technically they hosted emf last year and made the tracks i believe.
if you look at emf sign-ups this year, they average about 20 signups per class, where as last year they average 35 - 40, this year rf average 45 - 55 so i wouldn't say it is dying but i wouldn't say it isn't dying, so it is kind of a happy medium.
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

Post by Whiteracing204 »

Tristan.Botteram wrote:And now two years later, sim is dying like hell. gg
To all the people saying it's not dying, I'm sorry but it really is. I've heard people say "it's too old" or "it needs a big update" and I'm not gonna disagree it really does. But I'm not sure that jlv will do that, not because he doesn't care about the game but he would have to totally redo the game and it would take alot of time. BUT if he wanted to kinda boost the game i think it would be a great thing to do!
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

A good remake would go both ways. Yes it's a lot of work for JLV, but guys like me who bought it for €30 10 years ago haven't spend a single dime since. It's great for us of course, but from a business point of view, JLV keeps spending his time in this game improving it step by step, but isn't getting anything in return for it.
While if he remakes the entire game he'll get a money boost and the game could be a lot more popular.

I'm running high settings in most of the games I play and still get +150 fps.
But if I dare to replace my stock models on mxs I lagg the moment +5 riders are in the server :lol:. the physics make up a lot, but in today's gaming industry the eye wants something as well. And that's been missing from the start and is hurting mxs more and more. When I show mxs to friends they have the same 2 comments, the game looks terrible & the game looks slow (as in slow paced action wise). I can tell them that it's certainly not slow paced when you're riding yourself because of the physics and how hard the game is. But about the graphics I can only nod and admit it looks a lot worse than it plays.

Also a remake is a great opportunity to filter out 3rd person peasants and only implement first person like any other proper racing sim :twisted: .
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

scheeve3 wrote: Also a remake is a great opportunity to filter out 3rd person peasants and only implement first person like any other proper racing sim :twisted: .
i feel like everyone who rode third person would either stop playing/racing as much or just flat out quit.
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

Post by Whiteracing204 »

dawsonsleeper wrote:
scheeve3 wrote: Also a remake is a great opportunity to filter out 3rd person peasants and only implement first person like any other proper racing sim :twisted: .
i feel like everyone who rode third person would either stop playing/racing as much or just flat out quit.
I play 3rd person and i dont know if i would learn to play 1st player or just give it up... It would seem to be like alot of wasted time to have played and learned this game in 3rd person for 3 years and then have to totally restart and learn to play in 1st person. I like the option of 1st or 3rd person.
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

Whiteracing204 wrote:
dawsonsleeper wrote:
I play 3rd person and i dont know if i would learn to play 1st player or just give it up... It would seem to be like alot of wasted time to have played and learned this game in 3rd person for 3 years and then have to totally restart and learn to play in 1st person. I like the option of 1st or 3rd person.
yeah i learned in 3rd then switched to first and then back to 3rd like 6 times in the last 4 months lol... so either way id be good lol.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

dawsonsleeper wrote:
I would instantly drop this game and move on to something new. 1st is so confusing to me, I literally turn my head with the rider when i'm leaned over in a rut, and the bumps make me wanna just kill over. 1st makes me actually dizzy and sick, too.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

dawsonsleeper wrote:
I can't see my fat whips in 1st person, easy choice. Did learn to sort of ride in 1st a few years back now, but I only do that from time to time.
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

Wahlamt wrote:
dawsonsleeper wrote:
I can't see my fat whips in 1st person, easy choice. Did learn to sort of ride in 1st a few years back now, but I only do that from time to time.
yeah, 1st is easier in outdoors cause you can see the breaking bumps and the ruts better but i like 3rd better for sx, especially in ams, so you can see when some kid is about to punt you OTB.