*rider model & astars bionic neck support*

Post about creating and skinning models here
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: *rider model & astars bionic neck support*

Post by yzmxer608 »

How does the front look with the seam there (with skins applied)?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

from the wire that i have it is a bit smaller on the wire, but i think people would only have a problem whit skinning it at first :wink:
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

well that area is almost not visible ingame...so it doesn't really matter too much, but yeah, there are bit problems with skinning it
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

edited the wire so wrists are on the same spot as neck...one problem is I can't completely detach all the skin from neck, because the jerseys have different shapes....
next edit are the pants and the jersey...i tried to make it looks good and make the borderlines symmetrical....tell me your opinions guys, if you will find it good I will try to release it so you can work on some skins

FelipeMX
Team: Finesse Supersports

Post by FelipeMX »

taking in care you've been working on this rider model, Imo you could model a leatt brace with some more pollys... The current one is kinda old and could be much beeter
Finesse Supersports
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

good point, was thinking about it, but I want to work more on the bike till some other modeling project is started :) Anyway if nobody will create new one until I have some time for it I will definitely do it!
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Yet again, if the shirt wireframe could be modified so that the seam would be in the middle of the shirt, in a symmetrical and vertical line, instead of in the sides, it would make lining patterns a lot easier.

Red as an idea where the new seam could be and the blue where I'd like the wireframe to be continuous. So that both front and back of the right or left side of the shirt would be without a seam.
With the current wireframe, lining up a picture that goes from the front to the back through either side is next to impossible.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Now I see what you're really saying, Shadow. And that seems like it would work really, really good. I'm not sure how hard it would be to unwrap it that way though.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

i have to disagree whit you there shadow, like piista said the back of the pants are way more visible ingame than the front, so the imo the front and back is way more visible ingame than the sides...
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
Wilson
Team: Privateer

Post by Wilson »

Shadow wrote:http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/ ... a3wire.jpg

Yet again, if the shirt wireframe could be modified so that the seam would be in the middle of the shirt, in a symmetrical and vertical line, instead of in the sides, it would make lining patterns a lot easier.

Red as an idea where the new seam could be and the blue where I'd like the wireframe to be continuous. So that both front and back of the right or left side of the shirt would be without a seam.
With the current wireframe, lining up a picture that goes from the front to the back through either side is next to impossible.
I just tried it. It didnt come out to well though.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

That sucks. It seamed like a great idea. :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

well I can try it too, but as Wilson said, it will not work very well...and as robbi and me said before, the underarms and sides are not that visible ingame...
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Yeah, I kinda suspected that it wouldn't work out that well.

Robbimag, of course the front and back are more visible than the sides, but if the wireframe's seam was on a straight line, lining up the graphics would be really easy, and we would still get gear that looked good on front and back, but also on the sides. 'Cause like I keep saying, trying to line up a picture on the rider sides right now is next to impossible.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Bonair

Post by Bonair »

The jersey is fine! Leaving the seam on the side is perfect since it is seen the least. The pants however need to be connected in the back! Like MvA!!!!
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

they are!