Post about creating and skinning models here
DJ99X

Re: Upcoming Skins

Post by DJ99X »

You teaser Messiah :P
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

if thats for mva i might have to play that agian lol jk. but messiah we definatly need you in mxs
Turbine951
Team: Privateer

Post by Turbine951 »

MessiaH wrote:(sidenote: chances of this getting into MXS are very very slim)
So the purpose of this post in "upcoming skins" was to say.. Look at what i can do, now you will never get this..

I agree it definitely looks phenomenal
MessiaH

Post by MessiaH »

Thanks all.
Turbine951 wrote:So the purpose of this post in "upcoming skins" was to say.. Look at what i can do, now you will never get this..
Never might be a little over the top.

And well. I can start ranting to people that this and that is not good about their skins/models. But I think it is only fair to my work where my mouth is and show what I'm worth. To just not be the nit picking spoiled kid on the block.
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

I think you pretty much summed it up there.. Im glad to see you at least lingering in these forums.. I only hope the ripping of parts for the Cartel skins doesn't put a bad taste in your mouth about this community.. It could definitely benefit from the quality of work you produce..
jackofknives

Post by jackofknives »

MessiaH wrote:Thanks all.
Turbine951 wrote:So the purpose of this post in "upcoming skins" was to say.. Look at what i can do, now you will never get this..

And well. I can start ranting to people that this and that is not good about their skins/models. But I think it is only fair to my work where my mouth is and show what I'm worth. To just not be the nit picking spoiled kid on the block.
Ranting is good. *edit*

But from the pic, if you indeed were the creator, we can tell you have skills. So......why exactly can't you release it?
Last edited by jackofknives on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MessiaH

Post by MessiaH »

jackofknives wrote:if you indeed were the creator
Don't see what I'd post something I did not create. quite some hours went into that baby. (just check mx-hq gaming forums. I posted updates as they came.)

To the reason why I do not contribute. Why would I contribute to a game that is not finished, yet someone else running off with the money? If people buy MXS. They will download this communities mods straight away. Simply because the game is nowhere without them and just looks plane boring without them (at least that is how it went for me). And you do not even get the slightest recognition for that.

I know I have the experience and knowledge to make MXS look like quality and push it on to the next level visualy (i'm an official game designer and I done and finished my studies for this). But nothing is going to come for nothing.

That is my opinion, and that is where I stand.

PS. Don't try to convince me it would be just the same as modding MVA. Because it isn't. MVA is not even available in the local store anymore, not even online. Not to mention the game is pre-historic in age and that it had it's time.

MXS on the other hand, hasn't even had it's time to shine yet. It just made those little first few steps and still needs to take a stand.
Judan

Post by Judan »

Image[/quote]

i think my eyes just had a orgasm :shock:
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

MessiaH wrote:
Don't see what I'd post something I did not create. quite some hours went into that baby. (just check mx-hq gaming forums. I posted updates as they came.)

To the reason why I do not contribute. Why would I contribute to a game that is not finished, yet someone else running off with the money? If people buy MXS. They will download this communities mods straight away. Simply because the game is nowhere without them and just looks plane boring without them (at least that is how it went for me). And you do not even get the slightest recognition for that.

I know I have the experience and knowledge to make MXS look like quality and push it on to the next level visualy (i'm an official game designer and I done and finished my studies for this). But nothing is going to come for nothing.

PS. Don't try to convince me it would be just the same as modding MVA. Because it isn't. MVA is not even available in the local store anymore, not even online. Not to mention the game is pre-historic in age and that it had it's time.

MXS on the other hand, hasn't even had it's time to shine yet. It just made those little first few steps and still needs to take a stand.
oo... oo.. Another guy that speeks his mind "They dont like that around these parts" Messiah I have said that same thing about people making stuff for the game and 1 guy reaping all the benifits , I started thinking about it and yes thats true .... but I also relized how much they love this game ( Me included) We all love creating for the fun of it and to learn and improve .Just look how far alot of people have come since the beggining ,its incredible,lord knows what to expect for the future .The guys on here arnt looking for recognition, there doing what they love to do just like you and me :D
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

jackofknives wrote:
MessiaH wrote:Thanks all.

Ranting is good, ranting is what drives this community forward.
This community, more then most, grows as the result of good constructive criticism. Look at the history of the snapshots (updates) released over the last few months.

Messiah, even if you choose not to create for this game, hang around here - your opinion will be valued and your voice will be heard.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Motoboss wrote:
MessiaH wrote:

oo... oo.. Another guy that speeks his mind "They dont like that around these parts" Messiah I have said that same thing about people making stuff for the game and 1 guy reaping all the benifits , I started thinking about it and yes thats true .... but I also relized how much they love this game ( Me included) We all love creating for the fun of it and to learn and improve .Just look how far alot of people have come since the beggining ,its incredible,lord knows what to expect for the future .The guys on here arnt looking for recognition, there doing what they love to do just like you and me :D
Sorry for the huge quote :oops:

But i completely agree... yes it is true that JLV if the only one to be receiving cash benefits for this game but look at what he has done. In the last 3-4 months he has researched and developed a working multiplayer system that offers little lag and awesome game play. All by him self...

I know this game is much better thanks to everyone's input but like motoboss stated its because they love the game and are happy to help out and have fun making tracks, object, skins. BTW isnt that what you are doing with MVA... doing it for the love of the game and ultimately to have fun. Also to say there is no recognition is true in the formal sense because no where on the site does it say all the awesome creators that we have here. But informally between the community there is plenty of recognition and respect for the great creators around here.

Anyway i really hope you do help out the game a bit... ive seen some of your skills on MVA and im always amazed with your work.

Also on a side note: I know people said we couldn't have cash prizes for races as it would be gambling. But legally if a cash prize was offered and was totally FREE to enter. Is that still illegal? I was thinking of setting up a competition for skinning (or tracks) that could give out cash prizes... Anyway that can be done?
MessiaH

Post by MessiaH »

Motoboss wrote:oo... oo.. Another guy that speeks his mind "They dont like that around these parts" Messiah I have said that same thing about people making stuff for the game and 1 guy reaping all the benifits , I started thinking about it and yes thats true .... but I also relized how much they love this game ( Me included) We all love creating for the fun of it and to learn and improve .Just look how far alot of people have come since the beggining ,its incredible,lord knows what to expect for the future .The guys on here arnt looking for recognition, there doing what they love to do just like you and me :D
I'm never afraid to speak my mind. Think you know that for one. ;)

Well, maybe they do not go for recognition. But I certainly do. I'm turning 21 now. Have a nice shiny paper saying I have completed my studies and am now a offcial game designer. That all tells me one thing; Time to bring money on the table to pay the bills. This is my field of expetise and if people wish to make use of my expertise they will have to do something for it.

(And you know I have not released anything publicly for a long long time now MVA related. Sure, MVA2009 is in the works. But for me this is more a portfolio item than anything else.)
Garasaki wrote:Messiah, even if you choose not to create for this game, hang around here - your opinion will be valued and your voice will be heard.
I'll browse the forum and give my input. That is for sure. :)
yomo195 wrote:Sorry for the huge quote :oops:

But i completely agree... yes it is true that JLV if the only one to be receiving cash benefits for this game but look at what he has done. In the last 3-4 months he has researched and developed a working multiplayer system that offers little lag and awesome game play. All by him self...

I know this game is much better thanks to everyone's input but like motoboss stated its because they love the game and are happy to help out and have fun making tracks, object, skins. BTW isnt that what you are doing with MVA... doing it for the love of the game and ultimately to have fun. Also to say there is no recognition is true in the formal sense because no where on the site does it say all the awesome creators that we have here. But informally between the community there is plenty of recognition and respect for the great creators around here.

Anyway i really hope you do help out the game a bit... ive seen some of your skills on MVA and im always amazed with your work.

Also on a side note: I know people said we couldn't have cash prizes for races as it would be gambling. But legally if a cash prize was offered and was totally FREE to enter. Is that still illegal? I was thinking of setting up a competition for skinning (or tracks) that could give out cash prizes... Anyway that can be done?
For one. I can not really say I "love" this game at all. If I strip down this game to what you recieve when you buy this game. I pull a dissapointed face. Why? Because I just paid for a beta release, which isn't even near alpha status and looks anything but visually pleasing. Normaly people recieve money to test beta's and voice their opinion. In this case we pay to beta and voice our opinion? Rather awkward if you ask me?

I know right from wrong when it comes to games and it's development period. Specialy since I've been a part of the industry for a while and worked for a few game/software developers. So you can try to tell me otherwise, but I do not question what I've been part of and have seen and experienced in person.

For me it is rather simple. I'd gladly lend a hand to push to MXS onto the shelves at the game market and give it the eye candy it needs (on a quality of game's standard today). But as I said, nothing comes for nothing. If you want this to happen, or maybe even JLV. I suggest JLV drops me a message. (And yes, this will be MXS exclusive content IF JLV decides to drop a message.)

PS. About doing the same for MVA currently. I clearly stated that it is not in the previous reply. I kindly suggest to read it again.
jackofknives

Post by jackofknives »

MessiaH wrote:To the reason why I do not contribute. Why would I contribute to a game that is not finished, yet someone else running off with the money? If people buy MXS. They will download this communities mods straight away. Simply because the game is nowhere without them and just looks plane boring without them (at least that is how it went for me). And you do not even get the slightest recognition for that.

So, in other words, 'recognition' means you want money to create content for the game, correct?
MessiaH wrote:PS. Don't try to convince me
I won't. Trust me.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

You should talk with the people of Honda Team racing about put this render on site , its badass
Idkn , i love it ! Good job
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

MessiaH wrote:For me it is rather simple. I'd gladly lend a hand to push to MXS onto the shelves at the game market and give it the eye candy it needs (on a quality of game's standard today). But as I said, nothing comes for nothing. If you want this to happen, or maybe even JLV. I suggest JLV drops me a message. (And yes, this will be MXS exclusive content IF JLV decides to drop a message.
You're thinking is obviously flawed. LOL. Perhaps you should send JLV your resume, and portfolio, and what you have to offer for his company. I don't think waiting for a job to come to you isn't going to pan out so well, lol. You have the necessary tools, but how can someone hire you if they don't even know you are looking for a job?

feedback@mxsimulator.com