Upcoming Skins & Shader Maps

Post about creating and skinning models here
DJ99X

Re: Upcoming Skins

Post by DJ99X »

Looks much better now. Especially without the dark shading at the bottom of the shroud. 1 thing... I don't think the actual rear fender has those 2 middle spike things. Other than that, it looks great, and is looking really good on the bike model.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

DJ wrote:Looks much better now. Especially without the dark shading at the bottom of the shroud. 1 thing... I don't think the actual rear fender has those 2 middle spike things. Other than that, it looks great, and is looking really good on the bike model.
I'm pretty sure the cycra plastic has those little divets on the rear fender, and that plastic is looking sexy for sure.
Beau_mx

Post by Beau_mx »

Decided to redo a crf for mxs. As you can tell, not even closed to finishing shadows.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Your probably the 5th person to begin on shading for the older CRF model
Beau_mx

Post by Beau_mx »

Whats the "older" model?. I'm doing it based off the real shrouds.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

By older model, I am actually referring the the one we use at the moment, but its gonna be 'older' when Wilson releases his.
Beau_mx

Post by Beau_mx »

Oh, ok. If this shroud doesnt fit on the new model then i suppose wilsons model will be incorrect it shape.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Wilson's shrouds actually have dimension about it, they aren't flat like the current model. And the shrouds were unwrapped properly, which unfortunately doesn't give it the shape as you have drawn it

Here is what the shroud map looks like:

BTW, Wilson, if you see this post, the UV map will need some tweaking, as you can see from the pic above, some parts take the same space
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I noticed an extreme increase in the detail to shading lately...looking good. Here's some of mine although I still have a long way to go with it, just getting started. Little suggestions would be nice though.

Beau_mx

Post by Beau_mx »

Looking good ddmx. Try use the eraser, not all shadows are fully hard.
@dj: Thats annoying, i was curious why lilbobs shrouds were funny in shape, now i understand. Not sure whether i should contunue with them shrouds or completly redo them.
lilbob862

Post by lilbob862 »

I just work off the model I was given.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

DJ wrote:1 thing... I don't think the actual rear fender has those 2 middle spike things.
Does that really matter? I mean I guess the shading needs to match the model, but personally I like the little spike things (they give it a badass look), and I don't really care if it reflects real life or not.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Jonathan
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VWK

Post by Jonathan »

it kinda looks like an air intake
Buttscratcher?
jackofknives
Team: Privateer

Post by jackofknives »

Well, here it is. I've finally finished the last two skins of the SE pack. I apologize for taking so long, i've just been insanely busy with work, college, two bands and a girlfriend. I had to do this on my spare time, when i had any.

I'd also like to let everyone know that i did this mainly for my own amusement and also to give some variety to the MXS community, be advised that the skin is NOT 100% accurate. Specially the back and the gloves, since i've never really seen the gear in person, and couldn't find quality pictures of it on the net.

Anyway, this is the best i could manage with the little time i had.

If you guys want this pack released, just let me know. And i'll be glad do to so.

Cheers!

Last edited by jackofknives on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

looking good, real good. Might i suggest doing some shading for the gloves though, and put some time into quality leatt braces if your going to put it on there.