Upcoming Skins & Shader Maps

Post about creating and skinning models here
jackofknives
Team: Privateer

Re: Upcoming Skins

Post by jackofknives »

ddmx488 wrote:looking good, real good. Might i suggest doing some shading for the gloves though, and put some time into quality leatt braces if your going to put it on there.
I thought of putting some shading into the gloves, but i'm not very efficient with it. I could give it a second try though.

As for the leatt, i was thinking of releasing it with DJ's custom leatt, the grey one (after asking for his permission to use it, of course). But that would take me a while to finish, like i said, i barely had time to finish the last two gears.

If anyone here is up for it (creating a leatt that matches each set), feel free to let me know. I'd certanily appreciate the help.
jackofknives

Post by jackofknives »

Here's the entire pack:

Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

I really like that TLD Jack. If I can state my opinion, I would really like to see a Leatt with this pak. I dont use any gear in MXS that doesn't include either the astars or the leatt, and I would really like to use this gear. Looks awesome though and its good to see some gear other than thor and fox being released.
DJD

Post by DJD »

Damn, thats awsome dude! :D
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Jackknifes - adding the leatt? If so, put the white ultra brat one on there. DJ's is too cheap to be put on TLD! :D
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

when every one shades they make there shading look like a show room condition bike ,now how many bikes do you see out on the track in show room condition.....like done most of them are used and abused ..im currently working on my crf motor making scratch marks and all that good stuff=] but i think ill give it a shot on the shrouds ,but i dont know what bike to use i would do honda but to many people are doing the honda and i hear theres a new model coming out so why bother?
jackofknives

Post by jackofknives »

jackofknives wrote:Here's the entire pack:

Disregard that green part on the leg, it's supposed to be grey.
jackofknives

Post by jackofknives »

Turbine951 wrote:I really like that TLD Jack. If I can state my opinion, I would really like to see a Leatt with this pak. I dont use any gear in MXS that doesn't include either the astars or the leatt, and I would really like to use this gear. Looks awesome though and its good to see some gear other than thor and fox being released.
frederick wrote:Jackknifes - adding the leatt? If so, put the white ultra brat one on there. DJ's is too cheap to be put on TLD! :D
I was thinking of doing the TLD Leatt Sport. Looks pretty neat.

However, if i do it by myself, it'll take a while. I've got my hands full on my own life right now.

ddmx

Post by ddmx »

hvpunk62 wrote:when every one shades they make there shading look like a show room condition bike ,now how many bikes do you see out on the track in show room condition.....like done most of them are used and abused ..im currently working on my crf motor making scratch marks and all that good stuff=] but i think ill give it a shot on the shrouds ,but i dont know what bike to use i would do honda but to many people are doing the honda and i hear theres a new model coming out so why bother?
Every pro race man, every pro race. I must agree though that I do like seeing scratches and rub marks, it definitely adds a degree of difficulty to the skin, but to each their own. Getting a good mix is what you want.
lilbob862

Post by lilbob862 »

@ hvPunk:
Im not yet done with the bike I will add wear and tear. Thanks for the concern though!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I've pretty much ran out of ideas with the shroud shading, although I would like to add some wear and tear eventually. I would like some comments on it though, I've hit a roadblock.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Jack - If your going to make a leatt, atleast have the option to have the skin with and without the leatt. There not bad but for screens the helmet can sometimes go through it and mess it all up.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

ddmx488 wrote:I've pretty much ran out of ideas with the shroud shading, although I would like to add some wear and tear eventually. I would like some comments on it though, I've hit a roadblock.
Looks pretty good. Have a go at putting highlights where the plastic has a sharp fold in it, like I did with my triple clamps.

That seam through the middle of the plastic should be blurred in too. Doesn't look realistic

Should get a shot of it on the model
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

ddmx488 wrote:I've pretty much ran out of ideas with the shroud shading, although I would like to add some wear and tear eventually. I would like some comments on it though, I've hit a roadblock.
great improvement ddmx im also working on wear and tear =]
ddmx

Post by ddmx »