*rider model & astars bionic neck support*

Post about creating and skinning models here
tsfk
Team: Privateer

Re: *rider model & astars bionic neck support*

Post by tsfk »

p2sta wrote:you need to name it right ;) rider_body-p2sta2-skinname_norm.png or you can rename the model as well ;)
a question I'm new and want to know why my rider does not get as photo :?: :?: :?:
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

So will be there a new wireframe ? :)
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

yes, but it cuts in the front of the pants, not the back like the old wireframe's :wink:
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Yeah just tried it out,perfect :)
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

jasper125

Post by jasper125 »

How do you get an previeuw shot in 3d?
Juanlox123

Post by Juanlox123 »

jasper125 wrote:How do you get an previeuw shot in 3d?
Different ways. You can get a Render in a 3D program called Blender, as well as many other 3D Programs, or you can use Photoshop CS5 to preview the rider model in 3D.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

thanks guys....yeah if you want 3d render you need to know how to work in some 3d app or stand-alone render soft ;)

worked on the wire a bit...here is what I have so far...I want to know your opinions so I can make it somehow comfortable for skinner to skin it....pants are wrapped so the ass is in the middle of the pants wires..I tried to edit the jersey a bit to make it looks better. but it's pretty hard as I don't know blenders unwrapping tools and stuff...and I can't edit the model in max because of the weight drawings...anyway tell me your opinions guys If you will like it I will export a rider model so you can actually try to make a skin for it...

kawa and robbimagg already made some basic test skins and they worked out pretty good :)
it will need some small tweaking for sure
hope you guys don't mind to show it;)

Wilson
Team: Privateer

Post by Wilson »

I would move all the skin to one place. Because on the current wireframe its like that and you can see that the skin is attached to the jersey and its not as sharp.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Wilson wrote:I would move all the skin to one place. Because on the current wireframe its like that and you can see that the skin is attached to the jersey and its not as sharp.
Took me a while to understand what you meant(might confuse others with your use of "skin"). Piista, put the wireframe for the wrists up near the wireframe for the neck. :)
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Wilson wrote:I would move all the skin to one place. Because on the current wireframe its like that and you can see that the skin is attached to the jersey and its not as sharp.
Took me a while to understand what you meant(might confuse others with your use of "skin"). Piista, put the wireframe for the wrists up near the wireframe for the neck. :)
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Dunno its pretty good as it is right now tho. Moving all the skin to one place would suck tho,I mean then we would need to edit everything what we have now,and line it up.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Kawasakis wrote:Dunno its pretty good as it is right now tho. Moving all the skin to one place would suck tho,I mean then we would need to edit everything what we have now,and line it up.
he's just saying move the wrist area of the wireframe, so that the jersey cuffs do not bleed onto the wrists. Wouldn't need to do anything except put a bit of skin color in another spot on the skin.

Who ever thought to use the word skin for the diffuse map? Makes things confusing when you are talking about skinning human skin :lol:
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Kawasakis wrote:Dunno its pretty good as it is right now tho. Moving all the skin to one place would suck tho,I mean then we would need to edit everything what we have now,and line it up.
he's just saying move the wrist area of the wireframe, so that the jersey cuffs do not bleed onto the wrists. Wouldn't need to do anything except put a bit of skin color in another spot on the skin.

Who ever thought to use the word skin for the diffuse map? Makes things confusing when you are talking about skinning human skin :lol:
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Ohh.. Sorry misunderstood,skin was the word.. :lol:
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

p2sta

Post by p2sta »

good point guys, will do that!

any other ideas how to improve it?